Wednesday, September 13, 2017
MAZAMA A Level 2 evacuation warning has been issued for the Mazama, Lost River and Rendezvous areas because of the southerly advance of the Diamond Creek Fire.
The fire is advancing south in the Monument Creek and Pat Creek drainages. Strong north winds are in the forecast.
The area affected by the evacuation warning is for the Lost River area to Mazama, east to Lancaster Road near milepost 188 on Highway 20, north to Diamond T Road off Rendezvous Road, north to the Cub Creek Road intersection with Forest Road 521-5300 and west to Lost River.
The area has been under a Level 1 warning since last week.
Under Level 2, people should be prepared to evacuate at a moment's notice.
A community meeting is planned at 6 p.m. today, Sept. 13, at the Mazama Community Club, 512 Goat Creek Road.
More like this story
- Confluence hosts three art shows
- Tribe, feds reach agreement on border-crossing card
- Ferry County Fair results announced
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate Lions Club's anniversary
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center