Wednesday, September 13, 2017
MONSE Crews from fire district Nos. 15 and 3 stopped a wildfire last night, Sept. 12, in the Monse River Road area.
Fire District No. 15 was called first. Fire officials called for backup from the Malott and Okanogan departments of Fire District No. 3. Two helicopters and three airplanes also worked the fire, which burned across about 30 acres, according to Okanogan County Emergency Management.
Aircraft were released shortly before 7 p.m., although ground crews remained on the scene.
More like this story
- Confluence hosts three art shows
- Tribe, feds reach agreement on border-crossing card
- Ferry County Fair results announced
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate Lions Club's anniversary
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center