Wednesday, September 13, 2017
MONSE Crews from fire district Nos. 15 and 3 stopped a wildfire last night, Sept. 12, in the Monse River Road area.
Fire District No. 15 was called first. Fire officials called for backup from the Malott and Okanogan departments of Fire District No. 3. Two helicopters and three airplanes also worked the fire, which burned across about 30 acres, according to Okanogan County Emergency Management.
Aircraft were released shortly before 7 p.m., although ground crews remained on the scene.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend