Friday, September 8, 2017
OKANOGAN Some high schools are canceling their games this weekend because of unhealthy levels of smoke caused by wildfires throughout the Northwest.
As of Friday afternoon, Sept. 8, the air quality index for Omak was 207, or very unhealthy.
Cancellations so far include Friday’s Okanogan vs. Newport game and Saturday’s Republic vs. Touchet matchup. Oroville and Liberty Bell have canceled their Friday, Sept. 8, game and will try to make it up Saturday if the air is clearer.
Today's Okanogan girls’ soccer match with Bridgeport has been postponed. School officials say they hope to reschedule the match once air quality improves.
The Oroville vs. Lake Roosevelt girls’ soccer game, scheduled for Sept. 9, has been canceled. The game has been rescheduled for Sept. 11 in Oroville.
-Friday’s Bridgeport-Tonasket football game has been postponed to 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11. -Omak vs. Brewster football, set for Sept. 8, has been canceled.
-Pateros at Tekoa-Rosalia football has been canceled.
-Manson vs. Lake Roosevelt has been rescheduled to Monday, Sept. 11, at Manson. Manson’s girls’ soccer match, set for Sept. 9, has been canceled. No makeup date has been set.
Several other schools are assessing the air quality situation and will decide later today on outdoor sports contests.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget