Friday, September 8, 2017
OKANOGAN Some high schools are canceling their games this weekend because of unhealthy levels of smoke caused by wildfires throughout the Northwest.
As of Friday afternoon, Sept. 8, the air quality index for Omak was 207, or very unhealthy.
Cancellations so far include Friday’s Okanogan vs. Newport game and Saturday’s Republic vs. Touchet matchup. Oroville and Liberty Bell have canceled their Friday, Sept. 8, game and will try to make it up Saturday if the air is clearer.
Today's Okanogan girls’ soccer match with Bridgeport has been postponed. School officials say they hope to reschedule the match once air quality improves.
The Oroville vs. Lake Roosevelt girls’ soccer game, scheduled for Sept. 9, has been canceled. The game has been rescheduled for Sept. 11 in Oroville.
-Friday’s Bridgeport-Tonasket football game has been postponed to 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 11. -Omak vs. Brewster football, set for Sept. 8, has been canceled.
-Pateros at Tekoa-Rosalia football has been canceled.
-Manson vs. Lake Roosevelt has been rescheduled to Monday, Sept. 11, at Manson. Manson’s girls’ soccer match, set for Sept. 9, has been canceled. No makeup date has been set.
Several other schools are assessing the air quality situation and will decide later today on outdoor sports contests.
More like this story
- Confluence hosts three art shows
- Tribe, feds reach agreement on border-crossing card
- Ferry County Fair results announced
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate Lions Club's anniversary
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center