Thursday, June 30, 2016
MALOTT — Seven of eight county commissioner candidates attended the first public forum of the election season at the Malott Improvement Club on Monday.
Incumbent District 1 Commissioner Sheilah Kennedy was joined by challengers Chris Branch and Ted Reinbold. Incumbent District 2 Commissioner Ray Campbell faced off against challengers Andy Hover, Stan Kvistad and Ashley Thrasher. Candidate Larry Schreckengast did not attend the event.
After a five-minute introduction, candidates took turns answering questions on private land, public lands, contracting work versus having county employees do work, how they would deal with the office and government transparency. The common theme for the incumbents was highlighting the work they have done. The common theme for challengers was questioning the work and decisions of the commissioners.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget