Thursday, June 16, 2016
SPOKANE – The state Court of Appeals for Division III has sided with two environmental groups and ruled Okanogan County’s ATV ordinance invalid.
In an unpublished opinion filed June 16, the court reversed an Okanogan County Superior Court ruling by Judge Hank Rawson and said the county ordinance violates the State Environmental Policy Act.
“Okanogan County is free to enact another ATV ordinance, but only after a sufficient environmental checklist” is completed, the court wrote.
For more on this story, see the June 22 issue of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend