Thursday, June 16, 2016
SPOKANE – The state Court of Appeals for Division III has sided with two environmental groups and ruled Okanogan County’s ATV ordinance invalid.
In an unpublished opinion filed June 16, the court reversed an Okanogan County Superior Court ruling by Judge Hank Rawson and said the county ordinance violates the State Environmental Policy Act.
“Okanogan County is free to enact another ATV ordinance, but only after a sufficient environmental checklist” is completed, the court wrote.
For more on this story, see the June 22 issue of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo