Thursday, August 11, 2016
MOLSON – A Tonasket woman died last night, Aug. 10, following a motorcycle accident on Chesaw Road, just east of Molson Road.
According to Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers, Tammy M. Clark, 45, was pronounced dead at North Valley Hospital in Tonasket following the accident.
According to Rogers, Clark was the passenger on the motorcycle driven by 46-year-old Steven Clark, both of Tonasket.
“The Clarks were westbound on Chesaw Road from Havillah Road when a deer ran out into the road,” Rogers said. “Steve said that he was unable to avoid a collision with the deer and the impact sent the motorcycle out of control.”
Rogers said Mr. Clark slid with the motorcycle for a number of feet and realized that “his wife was no longer with him and had apparently come off the motorcycle at the point of impact.”
Rogers said Mr. Clark was able to crawl to his wife and wait for help.
Both were transported to North Valley Hospital. Mr. Clark was then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
Rogers said both were wearing helmets and no alcohol or drugs were involved.
Rogers said family member were notified of the accident last night.
Read the complete story in next Wednesday’s edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo