Thursday, August 11, 2016
MOLSON – A Tonasket woman died last night, Aug. 10, following a motorcycle accident on Chesaw Road, just east of Molson Road.
According to Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers, Tammy M. Clark, 45, was pronounced dead at North Valley Hospital in Tonasket following the accident.
According to Rogers, Clark was the passenger on the motorcycle driven by 46-year-old Steven Clark, both of Tonasket.
“The Clarks were westbound on Chesaw Road from Havillah Road when a deer ran out into the road,” Rogers said. “Steve said that he was unable to avoid a collision with the deer and the impact sent the motorcycle out of control.”
Rogers said Mr. Clark slid with the motorcycle for a number of feet and realized that “his wife was no longer with him and had apparently come off the motorcycle at the point of impact.”
Rogers said Mr. Clark was able to crawl to his wife and wait for help.
Both were transported to North Valley Hospital. Mr. Clark was then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
Rogers said both were wearing helmets and no alcohol or drugs were involved.
Rogers said family member were notified of the accident last night.
Read the complete story in next Wednesday’s edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccerreturns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports