Sunday, October 18, 2015
OKANOGAN – Litigants in the Three Devils Road closure case are awaiting a final judge’s order, but Chiliwist residents say they’re prepared to appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court.
Visiting Judge John Hotchkiss of Douglas County dismissed the case challenging vacation of the road. In an oral ruling Sept. 18, he said the decision to vacate a county road is a political one and not subject to a writ of review as sought by residents.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo