Sunday, October 18, 2015
OKANOGAN – Litigants in the Three Devils Road closure case are awaiting a final judge’s order, but Chiliwist residents say they’re prepared to appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court.
Visiting Judge John Hotchkiss of Douglas County dismissed the case challenging vacation of the road. In an oral ruling Sept. 18, he said the decision to vacate a county road is a political one and not subject to a writ of review as sought by residents.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona