Sunday, October 18, 2015
OKANOGAN – Litigants in the Three Devils Road closure case are awaiting a final judge’s order, but Chiliwist residents say they’re prepared to appeal the decision to the state Supreme Court.
Visiting Judge John Hotchkiss of Douglas County dismissed the case challenging vacation of the road. In an oral ruling Sept. 18, he said the decision to vacate a county road is a political one and not subject to a writ of review as sought by residents.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend