Wednesday, December 23, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. – More than 285,000 pounds of boneless pork rib-shaped frozen patties have been recalled by Bellisio Foods Inc. of Jackson, Ohio.
U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced the recall of approximately 285,264 pounds of frozen entree products Tuesday.
The meat may be adulterated with extraneous materials, the USDA said.
The Boston Market Boneless Pork Rib Shaped Patty with BBQ Sauce and Mashed Potatoes frozen entree items were produced on various dates between Sept. 9, 2015, and Dec. 14, 2015.
Products subject to recall are: 14-ounce boxed packages containing “Boston Market Home Style Meals Boneless Pork Rib Shaped Patty with BBQ Sauce and Mashed Potatoes” with use by dates 09/09/2016; 09/22/2016; 10/08/2016; 10/30/2016; and 12/14/2016.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 18297” on the end panel of the package. The items were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
The problem was discovered after the firm received consumer complaints of possible glass or hard plastic pieces being found in the frozen entree.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions or injuries due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a health care provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them, USDA officials said. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend