Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Two historic businesses – Hughes Department Store and Hughes Warehouse — will close their doors next month.
“We’re going out of business,” owner Jack Hughes said Monday morning. “We feel bad for our employees because it’s going to be a big loss to them” and the community.
Hughes purchased the 1000 23rd Ave., and 1412 Ironwood Street businesses in 2011 “and everything was going pretty good,” he said.
More like this story
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo
- Okanogan council OKs annexation
- Chelan Falls man sentenced for tax fraud
- Defendant loses burglary conviction appeal
- Grant aimed at helping north central Washington economy
- Program focuses on air quality
- Cider squeeze planned Oct. 1
- Donations accepted for CCC rummage sale
- 'The Last Salmon' returns to Twisp stage