Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Two historic businesses – Hughes Department Store and Hughes Warehouse — will close their doors next month.
“We’re going out of business,” owner Jack Hughes said Monday morning. “We feel bad for our employees because it’s going to be a big loss to them” and the community.
Hughes purchased the 1000 23rd Ave., and 1412 Ironwood Street businesses in 2011 “and everything was going pretty good,” he said.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget