Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Four orchard workers are facing second-degree murder charges in the beating death of a local co-worker late Saturday night on Watson Draw Road.
Jose D. Jimenez-Hernandez, 42, Oscar Perez-Torres, 37, and Ramon Arrellano-Lopez, 45, all of Pateros; and Jaime M. Salazar-Gomez, 38, of Orondo, are scheduled to appear in Okanogan County Superior Court at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
They are accused of beating 28-year-old Jose L. Galeana-Palacios to death and dumping his body in the Columbia River at a boat launch five miles south of town.
All of the men, including the victim, are believed to have lived in the orchard worker camp at 270 Watson Draw Road.
More coverage is in tomorrow's edition of The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo