Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Four orchard workers are facing second-degree murder charges in the beating death of a local co-worker late Saturday night on Watson Draw Road.
Jose D. Jimenez-Hernandez, 42, Oscar Perez-Torres, 37, and Ramon Arrellano-Lopez, 45, all of Pateros; and Jaime M. Salazar-Gomez, 38, of Orondo, are scheduled to appear in Okanogan County Superior Court at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
They are accused of beating 28-year-old Jose L. Galeana-Palacios to death and dumping his body in the Columbia River at a boat launch five miles south of town.
All of the men, including the victim, are believed to have lived in the orchard worker camp at 270 Watson Draw Road.
More coverage is in tomorrow's edition of The Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Okanogan names superintendent finalists
- Okanogan Farm Lights Festival set for Nov. 29
- Methow Conservancy plans annual party, film showing
- Science teacher wins conservation award
- Santa arrives in Conconully on Dec. 2
- Rosco bags big moose
- Cates, Jessee named MVPs in Caribou Trail League football
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccer returns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer