Monday, September 15, 2014
RIVERSIDE A local man was found guilty of first-degree murder Monday in Okanogan County Superior Court.
Don A. Moore, 66, was on trial for the April 20, 2013, slaying of Bruce E. Molony, 55, also of Riverside.
The trial began last Tuesday before Judge Chris Culp and 12 jurors.
“He decided to take matters in to his own hands,” Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan said in closing statements Monday morning. “He executed Mr. Molony, plain and simple.”
Moore’s attorney, Michael Prince, painted a different picture of the events to the jury.
“Don Moore had legal justification to kill Bruce Molony at that point.”
Moore will be sentenced at 11 a.m. next Thursday.
He remains in Okanogan County Jail in Okanogan without bail.
See The Chronicle’s Wednesday edition for complete coverage.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo