Monday, September 15, 2014
PATEROS Four people are being booked into the Okanogan County Jail this morning on charges related to the death of man whose body was found Sunday.
The names of the suspects will be released once booking is completed, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said this morning. The name of the victim will be released once next of kin has been notified.
According to the sheriff, deputies responded to the call of discovery of a body at 10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Columbia River boat launch five miles south of town.
Deputies arriving on scene found the body of a “Hispanic male who was partially in the water, but lying on the shore,” Roger said.
Evidence at the scene suggested the victim had been killed elsewhere and dumped at the launch, Roger said, noting the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab was called to assist.
Later that day, deputies responded to 270 Watson Draw after receiving a call about a missing man, Rogers said. There, deputies determined the missing person was the same man found dead.
Deputies interviewed several people at that location last night and determined the victim was killed overnight Saturday night in a fight with four others, Rogers said.
The men were arrested and transported to the jail in Okanogan.
More information will be released as it becomes available, Rogers said.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget