Tuesday, October 21, 2014
RIVERSIDE The two teenagers charged with killing a Tunk Valley resident pleaded not guilty to a slew of charges today in Okanogan County Superior Court in Okanogan.
Parker M. Bachtold and Shalin E. Alltus, both 16, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree aggravated murder, first-degree robbery, theft of a motor vehicle, two counts of theft of a firearm and two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm-juvenile in possession of a firearm.
The charges stem from the slaying of Alltus’ 39-year-old uncle, Patrick M. Alltus.
Public defenders were appointed to each of them. The cases will go before a jury Dec. 2, 2014 in Superior Court.
See The Chronicle’s Sunday edition for the complete story.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo