Thursday, May 29, 2014
TWISP Two people were injured in a three-vehicle collision yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of town.
All three vehicles were eastbound on state Highway 20 at about 1:48 p.m. when two of them, driven by 52-year-old Donald L. Burford of Riverside and 53-year-old James W. Stearly of Benson, Ariz., slowed down for traffic.
Stearly’s vehicle was struck from behind by Nathan S. Smith, 36, of Twisp, according to the Washington State Patrol. In turn, Stearly rear-ended Burford’s vehicle.
The State Patrol said Smith would be charged with following too closely.
Smith and Burford weren’t hurt, but Stearly and Burford’s passenger, 52-year-old Cheryl L. Cook of Tonasket, were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.
Stearly’s vehicle, a 1994 Jeep Laredo hauling a small trailer, was towed from the scene. Smith and Burford were able to drive their vehicles.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS