Thursday, May 29, 2014
TWISP Two people were injured in a three-vehicle collision yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of town.
All three vehicles were eastbound on state Highway 20 at about 1:48 p.m. when two of them, driven by 52-year-old Donald L. Burford of Riverside and 53-year-old James W. Stearly of Benson, Ariz., slowed down for traffic.
Stearly’s vehicle was struck from behind by Nathan S. Smith, 36, of Twisp, according to the Washington State Patrol. In turn, Stearly rear-ended Burford’s vehicle.
The State Patrol said Smith would be charged with following too closely.
Smith and Burford weren’t hurt, but Stearly and Burford’s passenger, 52-year-old Cheryl L. Cook of Tonasket, were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.
Stearly’s vehicle, a 1994 Jeep Laredo hauling a small trailer, was towed from the scene. Smith and Burford were able to drive their vehicles.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY