Thursday, May 29, 2014
TWISP Two people were injured in a three-vehicle collision yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of town.
All three vehicles were eastbound on state Highway 20 at about 1:48 p.m. when two of them, driven by 52-year-old Donald L. Burford of Riverside and 53-year-old James W. Stearly of Benson, Ariz., slowed down for traffic.
Stearly’s vehicle was struck from behind by Nathan S. Smith, 36, of Twisp, according to the Washington State Patrol. In turn, Stearly rear-ended Burford’s vehicle.
The State Patrol said Smith would be charged with following too closely.
Smith and Burford weren’t hurt, but Stearly and Burford’s passenger, 52-year-old Cheryl L. Cook of Tonasket, were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.
Stearly’s vehicle, a 1994 Jeep Laredo hauling a small trailer, was towed from the scene. Smith and Burford were able to drive their vehicles.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge