Thursday, May 29, 2014
TWISP Two people were injured in a three-vehicle collision yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of town.
All three vehicles were eastbound on state Highway 20 at about 1:48 p.m. when two of them, driven by 52-year-old Donald L. Burford of Riverside and 53-year-old James W. Stearly of Benson, Ariz., slowed down for traffic.
Stearly’s vehicle was struck from behind by Nathan S. Smith, 36, of Twisp, according to the Washington State Patrol. In turn, Stearly rear-ended Burford’s vehicle.
The State Patrol said Smith would be charged with following too closely.
Smith and Burford weren’t hurt, but Stearly and Burford’s passenger, 52-year-old Cheryl L. Cook of Tonasket, were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.
Stearly’s vehicle, a 1994 Jeep Laredo hauling a small trailer, was towed from the scene. Smith and Burford were able to drive their vehicles.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE