Thursday, May 29, 2014
TWISP Two people were injured in a three-vehicle collision yesterday afternoon about 10 miles east of town.
All three vehicles were eastbound on state Highway 20 at about 1:48 p.m. when two of them, driven by 52-year-old Donald L. Burford of Riverside and 53-year-old James W. Stearly of Benson, Ariz., slowed down for traffic.
Stearly’s vehicle was struck from behind by Nathan S. Smith, 36, of Twisp, according to the Washington State Patrol. In turn, Stearly rear-ended Burford’s vehicle.
The State Patrol said Smith would be charged with following too closely.
Smith and Burford weren’t hurt, but Stearly and Burford’s passenger, 52-year-old Cheryl L. Cook of Tonasket, were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak.
Stearly’s vehicle, a 1994 Jeep Laredo hauling a small trailer, was towed from the scene. Smith and Burford were able to drive their vehicles.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE