Originally published May 28, 2014 at 12:00a.m., updated June 4, 2014 at 12:00a.m.
(2014-279 May 28 & June 4)
INVITATION TO BID
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids will be received for Okanogan County Solid Waste Division, ROLL-OFF & RECYCLE BINS, either mailed or hand-delivered, to the Office of Okanogan County Board of Commissioners, located on the first floor of the Okanogan County Grainger Administration Building, 123 Fifth Avenue North, Room 150, Okanogan, Washington. If the Bids are to be mailed they must be received by the Post Office in Okanogan, Washington, no later than Midnight on the last working day prior to the bid opening date. Notification by the Post Office will be considered as actual receipt of the bid by the County Commissioners. If the Proposals are to be hand-carried they will be received at the Office of the Board of County Commissioners of Okanogan County at the address stated above until 4:00 PM Pacific Time, Tuesday June 17, 2014. Bids delivered in person will be received only at the County Commissioners reception desk. All bids will then be opened and publicly read.
Bid Documents may be obtained from Okanogan County Department of Public Works, 1234-A South Second Ave., Okanogan, Washington 98840, Phone: (509) 422-7300 or (509) 422-7319.
Each bid shall be accompanied by a certified check, cashier’s check or bid bond payable to Okanogan County, in an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total bid amount, as evidence of good faith and as a guarantee that, if awarded the Contract, the Bidder will execute the contract in conformity with the Contract Documents, and shall provide surety bond or bonds specified therein within ten (10) days after notification of award of contract to the bidder.
Envelopes containing the bids must be sealed and addressed as stated above to the Office of Okanogan County Board of Commissioners and designated as “ROLL-OFF BINS & RECYCLE BINS.” The name and address of the bidder shall be on the outside of the envelope.
This work is generally described as manufacturing and delivering one (1) 30 cubic yard roll-off bin and one (1) 4 compartment recycle bin to the Okanogan County Landfill as specified in the Bid Packet and indicated in the proposal.
The award of the contract shall be made to the qualified responsive bidder submitting the lowest responsible bid. Okanogan County reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive irregularities to formalities in the bid or bidding.
The County of Okanogan in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex, in consideration for an award. Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee DamResidents throughout Okanogan and surrounding counties may felt the rattle of a 4.3 magnitude earthquake this morning.
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crashJessica A. Saffel, 27, Cergio Britt, 8, and Alyssa Britt, 5, all of Yakima, were transported to the Wenatchee hospital ...
More like this story
- 800 Okanogan County Legal Advertising - LEGALS - June 4, 2014
- 800 (2015-162 April 1, 8) INVITATION TO BID Sealed bids for CRP No. 1882-02 Chiliwist Road, Emergency Protective Measures
- 800 (2015-162 April 1, 8) INVITATION TO BID Sealed bids for CRP No. 1882-02 Chiliwist Road
- 800 (2015-312 June 17, 24) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2014-584 Nov. 5 & 12)
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee Dam
- Sturgeon fishing returns on Columbia
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crash
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge