Thursday, May 22, 2014
LEAVENWORTH The Icicle River opens for salmon fishing starting Friday and running through July 31.
In-season run analysis has predicted about 6,000 salmon are currently en route to the Icicle River, state Department of Fish and Wildlife officials said.
Although upper Columbia River spring Chinook have been listed as endangered under the federal Endangered Species Act, salmon returning to the Icicle River are a non-endemic stock headed to the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery and are not listed under the ESA.
About 1,600 salmon are needed to meet hatchery brood-stock requirements, officials said. The remaining fish will be available for harvest.
The daily limit is two adipose fin-clipped spring Chinook (adult or jack), with a minimum size of 12 inches.
The river is open from 800 feet upstream of the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
No gear restrictions are in effect. The regulation allowing 2-pole angling on the Columbia River does not apply to the Icicle River, and night fishing is prohibited.
Anglers must have a current state fishing license as well as a Columbia River salmon and steelhead endorsement.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge