Thursday, May 22, 2014
LEAVENWORTH The Icicle River opens for salmon fishing starting Friday and running through July 31.
In-season run analysis has predicted about 6,000 salmon are currently en route to the Icicle River, state Department of Fish and Wildlife officials said.
Although upper Columbia River spring Chinook have been listed as endangered under the federal Endangered Species Act, salmon returning to the Icicle River are a non-endemic stock headed to the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery and are not listed under the ESA.
About 1,600 salmon are needed to meet hatchery brood-stock requirements, officials said. The remaining fish will be available for harvest.
The daily limit is two adipose fin-clipped spring Chinook (adult or jack), with a minimum size of 12 inches.
The river is open from 800 feet upstream of the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
No gear restrictions are in effect. The regulation allowing 2-pole angling on the Columbia River does not apply to the Icicle River, and night fishing is prohibited.
Anglers must have a current state fishing license as well as a Columbia River salmon and steelhead endorsement.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE