Wednesday, May 21, 2014
OSOYOOS, B.C. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police say a local motorcyclist is dead following a 6:15 p.m. crash Monday.
Canadian authorities will not be releasing the victim's name.
According to a police report, the motorcyclist lost control of his vehicle and ran off of Canada Highway 3. He was pronounced dead at the scene just east of the city.
The crash remains under investigation, but the road was bare and dry at the time of the crash, officials said.
More like this story
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge