Wednesday, May 21, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District plans to finish burning 50 acres today in the Little Bridge Creek drainage.
This morning, the district was still waiting for permission to begin burn treatment in the Hunter Mountain area, about three miles west of Methow, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“If you see smoke in that area later today, it’s most likely from our operations,” she said.
If permission isn’t received to burn on Hunter Mountain today, Trebon said the district will request permission again tomorrow. The district plans to treat 170 acres there.
Other areas still targeted for prescribed burning include 34 acres in Fawn Creek, between Winthrop and Mazama; and 190 acres in Squaw Creek, about seven miles southwest of Methow.
No burning operations will be conducted tomorrow through the holiday weekend, and the district is regularly patrolling areas already burned, Trebon said.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.