Wednesday, May 21, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District plans to finish burning 50 acres today in the Little Bridge Creek drainage.
This morning, the district was still waiting for permission to begin burn treatment in the Hunter Mountain area, about three miles west of Methow, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“If you see smoke in that area later today, it’s most likely from our operations,” she said.
If permission isn’t received to burn on Hunter Mountain today, Trebon said the district will request permission again tomorrow. The district plans to treat 170 acres there.
Other areas still targeted for prescribed burning include 34 acres in Fawn Creek, between Winthrop and Mazama; and 190 acres in Squaw Creek, about seven miles southwest of Methow.
No burning operations will be conducted tomorrow through the holiday weekend, and the district is regularly patrolling areas already burned, Trebon said.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON