Wednesday, May 21, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District plans to finish burning 50 acres today in the Little Bridge Creek drainage.
This morning, the district was still waiting for permission to begin burn treatment in the Hunter Mountain area, about three miles west of Methow, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“If you see smoke in that area later today, it’s most likely from our operations,” she said.
If permission isn’t received to burn on Hunter Mountain today, Trebon said the district will request permission again tomorrow. The district plans to treat 170 acres there.
Other areas still targeted for prescribed burning include 34 acres in Fawn Creek, between Winthrop and Mazama; and 190 acres in Squaw Creek, about seven miles southwest of Methow.
No burning operations will be conducted tomorrow through the holiday weekend, and the district is regularly patrolling areas already burned, Trebon said.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District