Wednesday, May 21, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District plans to finish burning 50 acres today in the Little Bridge Creek drainage.
This morning, the district was still waiting for permission to begin burn treatment in the Hunter Mountain area, about three miles west of Methow, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“If you see smoke in that area later today, it’s most likely from our operations,” she said.
If permission isn’t received to burn on Hunter Mountain today, Trebon said the district will request permission again tomorrow. The district plans to treat 170 acres there.
Other areas still targeted for prescribed burning include 34 acres in Fawn Creek, between Winthrop and Mazama; and 190 acres in Squaw Creek, about seven miles southwest of Methow.
No burning operations will be conducted tomorrow through the holiday weekend, and the district is regularly patrolling areas already burned, Trebon said.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge