Wednesday, May 21, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District plans to finish burning 50 acres today in the Little Bridge Creek drainage.
This morning, the district was still waiting for permission to begin burn treatment in the Hunter Mountain area, about three miles west of Methow, Assistant Fire Management Officer Meg Trebon said.
“If you see smoke in that area later today, it’s most likely from our operations,” she said.
If permission isn’t received to burn on Hunter Mountain today, Trebon said the district will request permission again tomorrow. The district plans to treat 170 acres there.
Other areas still targeted for prescribed burning include 34 acres in Fawn Creek, between Winthrop and Mazama; and 190 acres in Squaw Creek, about seven miles southwest of Methow.
No burning operations will be conducted tomorrow through the holiday weekend, and the district is regularly patrolling areas already burned, Trebon said.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge