Sunday, May 18, 2014
BREWSTER The Brewster baseball team, carried by the arm of Timbo Taylor, advanced to the next round of bi-district play following a 3-0 victory over Medical Lake (10-8) on Tuesday.
Taylor (6-0) ran a scoreless streak to 24 innings, coach Todd Phillips said.
“He only allowed one runner to reach third base, so they never really threatened,” the coach said.
Taylor struck out 12, walked two and yielded no runs on 4 hits.
No. 6 state-ranked Brewster (18-3) played Northeast A League champion and No. 2 state-ranked Freeman (18-1) in the bi-district semifinal game Saturday in Wenatchee.
The results were not available at press time.
In the other loser-out game Tuesday, Cashmere smashed Lakeside (11-9), 16-0.
No. 7 Cashmere (17-4) was to take on No. 5 Cascade (16-4) in the other semifinal game Saturday.
The championship and consolation game Saturday would determine the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds to state.
Brewster (3) – Luke Divis BB; Taylor, RBI, BB; Driessen 1-3, R, BB; Bayha 1-3, R; Adrian Urias 1-2, SB; BB; Raul Olvera 2-3, RBI; Jacobson 1-3, R.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash