Sunday, May 18, 2014
BREWSTER The Brewster baseball team, carried by the arm of Timbo Taylor, advanced to the next round of bi-district play following a 3-0 victory over Medical Lake (10-8) on Tuesday.
Taylor (6-0) ran a scoreless streak to 24 innings, coach Todd Phillips said.
“He only allowed one runner to reach third base, so they never really threatened,” the coach said.
Taylor struck out 12, walked two and yielded no runs on 4 hits.
No. 6 state-ranked Brewster (18-3) played Northeast A League champion and No. 2 state-ranked Freeman (18-1) in the bi-district semifinal game Saturday in Wenatchee.
The results were not available at press time.
In the other loser-out game Tuesday, Cashmere smashed Lakeside (11-9), 16-0.
No. 7 Cashmere (17-4) was to take on No. 5 Cascade (16-4) in the other semifinal game Saturday.
The championship and consolation game Saturday would determine the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds to state.
Brewster (3) – Luke Divis BB; Taylor, RBI, BB; Driessen 1-3, R, BB; Bayha 1-3, R; Adrian Urias 1-2, SB; BB; Raul Olvera 2-3, RBI; Jacobson 1-3, R.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge