Sunday, May 18, 2014
BREWSTER The Brewster baseball team, carried by the arm of Timbo Taylor, advanced to the next round of bi-district play following a 3-0 victory over Medical Lake (10-8) on Tuesday.
Taylor (6-0) ran a scoreless streak to 24 innings, coach Todd Phillips said.
“He only allowed one runner to reach third base, so they never really threatened,” the coach said.
Taylor struck out 12, walked two and yielded no runs on 4 hits.
No. 6 state-ranked Brewster (18-3) played Northeast A League champion and No. 2 state-ranked Freeman (18-1) in the bi-district semifinal game Saturday in Wenatchee.
The results were not available at press time.
In the other loser-out game Tuesday, Cashmere smashed Lakeside (11-9), 16-0.
No. 7 Cashmere (17-4) was to take on No. 5 Cascade (16-4) in the other semifinal game Saturday.
The championship and consolation game Saturday would determine the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds to state.
Brewster (3) – Luke Divis BB; Taylor, RBI, BB; Driessen 1-3, R, BB; Bayha 1-3, R; Adrian Urias 1-2, SB; BB; Raul Olvera 2-3, RBI; Jacobson 1-3, R.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge