Sunday, May 18, 2014
BREWSTER The Brewster baseball team, carried by the arm of Timbo Taylor, advanced to the next round of bi-district play following a 3-0 victory over Medical Lake (10-8) on Tuesday.
Taylor (6-0) ran a scoreless streak to 24 innings, coach Todd Phillips said.
“He only allowed one runner to reach third base, so they never really threatened,” the coach said.
Taylor struck out 12, walked two and yielded no runs on 4 hits.
No. 6 state-ranked Brewster (18-3) played Northeast A League champion and No. 2 state-ranked Freeman (18-1) in the bi-district semifinal game Saturday in Wenatchee.
The results were not available at press time.
In the other loser-out game Tuesday, Cashmere smashed Lakeside (11-9), 16-0.
No. 7 Cashmere (17-4) was to take on No. 5 Cascade (16-4) in the other semifinal game Saturday.
The championship and consolation game Saturday would determine the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds to state.
Brewster (3) – Luke Divis BB; Taylor, RBI, BB; Driessen 1-3, R, BB; Bayha 1-3, R; Adrian Urias 1-2, SB; BB; Raul Olvera 2-3, RBI; Jacobson 1-3, R.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan