Sunday, May 18, 2014
BREWSTER The Brewster baseball team, carried by the arm of Timbo Taylor, advanced to the next round of bi-district play following a 3-0 victory over Medical Lake (10-8) on Tuesday.
Taylor (6-0) ran a scoreless streak to 24 innings, coach Todd Phillips said.
“He only allowed one runner to reach third base, so they never really threatened,” the coach said.
Taylor struck out 12, walked two and yielded no runs on 4 hits.
No. 6 state-ranked Brewster (18-3) played Northeast A League champion and No. 2 state-ranked Freeman (18-1) in the bi-district semifinal game Saturday in Wenatchee.
The results were not available at press time.
In the other loser-out game Tuesday, Cashmere smashed Lakeside (11-9), 16-0.
No. 7 Cashmere (17-4) was to take on No. 5 Cascade (16-4) in the other semifinal game Saturday.
The championship and consolation game Saturday would determine the No. 1 through No. 4 seeds to state.
Brewster (3) – Luke Divis BB; Taylor, RBI, BB; Driessen 1-3, R, BB; Bayha 1-3, R; Adrian Urias 1-2, SB; BB; Raul Olvera 2-3, RBI; Jacobson 1-3, R.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge