Friday, May 16, 2014
TONASKET A National Weather Service flood warning for low-lying areas of the Okanogan River remains in effect until further notice.
According to meteorologists, rivers and lakes in the area due to snowmelt in the Okanogan River basin.
“It (the Okanogan River) is expected to go over minor flood stage tonight and remain above it into the next week,” a National Weather Service statement issued Friday afternoon said. “The river is forecast to crest on Monday and remain below moderate flood stage.”
With rising waters, officials are cautioning fishermen, boaters and others venturing into the Okanogan River and area lakes.
“Be aware of large debris,” the Weather Service said, also advising motorists to avoid driving vehicles through flood waters.
The flood warning was initially issued Thursday and updated earlier today.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge