Friday, May 16, 2014
TONASKET A National Weather Service flood warning for low-lying areas of the Okanogan River remains in effect until further notice.
According to meteorologists, rivers and lakes in the area due to snowmelt in the Okanogan River basin.
“It (the Okanogan River) is expected to go over minor flood stage tonight and remain above it into the next week,” a National Weather Service statement issued Friday afternoon said. “The river is forecast to crest on Monday and remain below moderate flood stage.”
With rising waters, officials are cautioning fishermen, boaters and others venturing into the Okanogan River and area lakes.
“Be aware of large debris,” the Weather Service said, also advising motorists to avoid driving vehicles through flood waters.
The flood warning was initially issued Thursday and updated earlier today.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE