Friday, May 16, 2014
TONASKET A National Weather Service flood warning for low-lying areas of the Okanogan River remains in effect until further notice.
According to meteorologists, rivers and lakes in the area due to snowmelt in the Okanogan River basin.
“It (the Okanogan River) is expected to go over minor flood stage tonight and remain above it into the next week,” a National Weather Service statement issued Friday afternoon said. “The river is forecast to crest on Monday and remain below moderate flood stage.”
With rising waters, officials are cautioning fishermen, boaters and others venturing into the Okanogan River and area lakes.
“Be aware of large debris,” the Weather Service said, also advising motorists to avoid driving vehicles through flood waters.
The flood warning was initially issued Thursday and updated earlier today.
More like this story
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-179 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-180 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-166 April 20, 27) CITY OF OKANOGAN MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL
- 800 (2016-167 April 20, 27) CITY OF BREWSTER INVITATION TO BID
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge