Friday, May 16, 2014
TONASKET A National Weather Service flood warning for low-lying areas of the Okanogan River remains in effect until further notice.
According to meteorologists, rivers and lakes in the area due to snowmelt in the Okanogan River basin.
“It (the Okanogan River) is expected to go over minor flood stage tonight and remain above it into the next week,” a National Weather Service statement issued Friday afternoon said. “The river is forecast to crest on Monday and remain below moderate flood stage.”
With rising waters, officials are cautioning fishermen, boaters and others venturing into the Okanogan River and area lakes.
“Be aware of large debris,” the Weather Service said, also advising motorists to avoid driving vehicles through flood waters.
The flood warning was initially issued Thursday and updated earlier today.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON