Friday, May 16, 2014
TONASKET A National Weather Service flood warning for low-lying areas of the Okanogan River remains in effect until further notice.
According to meteorologists, rivers and lakes in the area due to snowmelt in the Okanogan River basin.
“It (the Okanogan River) is expected to go over minor flood stage tonight and remain above it into the next week,” a National Weather Service statement issued Friday afternoon said. “The river is forecast to crest on Monday and remain below moderate flood stage.”
With rising waters, officials are cautioning fishermen, boaters and others venturing into the Okanogan River and area lakes.
“Be aware of large debris,” the Weather Service said, also advising motorists to avoid driving vehicles through flood waters.
The flood warning was initially issued Thursday and updated earlier today.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE