Wednesday, May 14, 2014
OROVILLE Two school groups won top awards during the Oroville May Festival parade Saturday.
The freshman class won the queen’s choice award and the senior class entry was named best float. Winners were named in a variety of categories:
Royalty – 1 (tie), Oroville Senior Citizens, Penticton Peach Festival and sophomore class. 2, senior class. 3 (tie), junior class, third-grade royalty.
Cars, boats and motorcycles – 1, P&D beer wagon. 2, 1930 truck/Henderson. 3 (tie), Dodge Viper/Pellegrini, 1969 Camaro/Peterson.
Tractors – Grand, 1953 John Deere/Jim DeTro (plaque). 1, 1952 Allis Chalmers/Gerth. 2 (tie), 1939 Oliver Row Crop/Wolley, Oliver Flag/Wolley. 3, 1946 Oliver Super/Wolley.
Community – Grand, Garden Club (plaque). 1, Senior Citizens. 2 (tie), Masons/Shriners, UCMI Motorcycles. 3 (tie), Tonasket Lions Club, Blues Festival.
Community youth – 1, Girl Scouts.
Horse units – 1, Border Patrol. 2, Hughes Department Store. 3, Trailriders.
Senior school – Grand, senior class royalty (plaque). 1, freshmen class. 2, junior class. 3, Tonasket band.
Junior school – 1, third-grade royalty. 2 (tie), sixth-grade royalty, May Pole Dancers. 3 (tie), eighth-grade royalty, seventh-grade royalty.
Law enforcement – 1, U.S. Border Patrol. 2, Okanogan County Sheriff. 3, Smokey Bear.
Commercial – 1, Oroville Building Supply. 2, P&D beer wagon. 3, JC Lawnmowing.
Miscellaneous – 1, Grange/IOOF Hall.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge