Monday, May 12, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District has closed Twisp River Road, about one mile east of Poplar Flat Campground, until further notice.
Water cutting across the roadway has created unsafe conditions and repairs are needed, according to the National Forest.
“Storms last summer damaged some of the Forest Roads,” Methow Valley District Ranger Michael Liu said. “We were able to get some temporary fixes in place but now spring runoff is causing more damage.”
Liu said the Ranger District will have to try to find the money to fix it from its forest roads budget, since last year’s damage wasn’t severe enough to qualify for federal emergency funding.
The closure blocks vehicle access to the campground as well as South Creek Trailhead and Campground, Scatter Creek Trailhead and the Roads End Campground and trailhead.
Information about road and campground closures is available at www.fs.usda.gov/okawen.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge