Monday, May 12, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District has closed Twisp River Road, about one mile east of Poplar Flat Campground, until further notice.
Water cutting across the roadway has created unsafe conditions and repairs are needed, according to the National Forest.
“Storms last summer damaged some of the Forest Roads,” Methow Valley District Ranger Michael Liu said. “We were able to get some temporary fixes in place but now spring runoff is causing more damage.”
Liu said the Ranger District will have to try to find the money to fix it from its forest roads budget, since last year’s damage wasn’t severe enough to qualify for federal emergency funding.
The closure blocks vehicle access to the campground as well as South Creek Trailhead and Campground, Scatter Creek Trailhead and the Roads End Campground and trailhead.
Information about road and campground closures is available at www.fs.usda.gov/okawen.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- Fire damages building supply
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL