Monday, May 12, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District has closed Twisp River Road, about one mile east of Poplar Flat Campground, until further notice.
Water cutting across the roadway has created unsafe conditions and repairs are needed, according to the National Forest.
“Storms last summer damaged some of the Forest Roads,” Methow Valley District Ranger Michael Liu said. “We were able to get some temporary fixes in place but now spring runoff is causing more damage.”
Liu said the Ranger District will have to try to find the money to fix it from its forest roads budget, since last year’s damage wasn’t severe enough to qualify for federal emergency funding.
The closure blocks vehicle access to the campground as well as South Creek Trailhead and Campground, Scatter Creek Trailhead and the Roads End Campground and trailhead.
Information about road and campground closures is available at www.fs.usda.gov/okawen.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge