Monday, May 12, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District has closed Twisp River Road, about one mile east of Poplar Flat Campground, until further notice.
Water cutting across the roadway has created unsafe conditions and repairs are needed, according to the National Forest.
“Storms last summer damaged some of the Forest Roads,” Methow Valley District Ranger Michael Liu said. “We were able to get some temporary fixes in place but now spring runoff is causing more damage.”
Liu said the Ranger District will have to try to find the money to fix it from its forest roads budget, since last year’s damage wasn’t severe enough to qualify for federal emergency funding.
The closure blocks vehicle access to the campground as well as South Creek Trailhead and Campground, Scatter Creek Trailhead and the Roads End Campground and trailhead.
Information about road and campground closures is available at www.fs.usda.gov/okawen.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE