Monday, May 12, 2014
TWISP The Methow Valley Ranger District has closed Twisp River Road, about one mile east of Poplar Flat Campground, until further notice.
Water cutting across the roadway has created unsafe conditions and repairs are needed, according to the National Forest.
“Storms last summer damaged some of the Forest Roads,” Methow Valley District Ranger Michael Liu said. “We were able to get some temporary fixes in place but now spring runoff is causing more damage.”
Liu said the Ranger District will have to try to find the money to fix it from its forest roads budget, since last year’s damage wasn’t severe enough to qualify for federal emergency funding.
The closure blocks vehicle access to the campground as well as South Creek Trailhead and Campground, Scatter Creek Trailhead and the Roads End Campground and trailhead.
Information about road and campground closures is available at www.fs.usda.gov/okawen.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge