Wednesday, May 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE K.C. Sherwood has been hired as a full-time investigator for the Grant County Coroner's Office.
Sherwood, whose first day on the job was Monday, has credentials that include past deputy coroner work as well as a mortuary science degree. He was also a mortuary affairs specialist in the U.S. Army.
He joins Coroner Craig Morrison and Chief Investigator Jerry Jasman in the office.
According to Morrison, the Grant County Coroner’s Office has been a two person team since 1995. During that time, staff investigated about 200 deaths annually and growing to 409 deaths last year, Morrison said.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS