Wednesday, May 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE K.C. Sherwood has been hired as a full-time investigator for the Grant County Coroner's Office.
Sherwood, whose first day on the job was Monday, has credentials that include past deputy coroner work as well as a mortuary science degree. He was also a mortuary affairs specialist in the U.S. Army.
He joins Coroner Craig Morrison and Chief Investigator Jerry Jasman in the office.
According to Morrison, the Grant County Coroner’s Office has been a two person team since 1995. During that time, staff investigated about 200 deaths annually and growing to 409 deaths last year, Morrison said.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments