Wednesday, May 7, 2014
MOSES LAKE K.C. Sherwood has been hired as a full-time investigator for the Grant County Coroner's Office.
Sherwood, whose first day on the job was Monday, has credentials that include past deputy coroner work as well as a mortuary science degree. He was also a mortuary affairs specialist in the U.S. Army.
He joins Coroner Craig Morrison and Chief Investigator Jerry Jasman in the office.
According to Morrison, the Grant County Coroner’s Office has been a two person team since 1995. During that time, staff investigated about 200 deaths annually and growing to 409 deaths last year, Morrison said.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge