Wednesday, May 7, 2014
OMAK Four businesses in Okanogan County will receive marijuana retail licenses if they meet background check and other required criteria, the state Liquor Control Board announced Tuesday.
The applicants expected to be licensed to sell pot are:
- Okanogan — 4US Retail, 23251 state Highway 20, a rural location near the intersection of Morris Road.
- Omak — Sage Shop, 903-C Engh Road, in the shopping center currently containing Omak Pharmacy, Game Stop and Quik Cash.
- Winthrop — Austin Lott, 29 Horizon Flats Road Suite 8, a rural location off White Avenue south of town; and Hamsterdam, 303 Riverside Road, just outside the downtown area.
The state will finish reviewing the applicantions and issue licenses to sell retail marijuana in July.
The Liquor Control Board also announced that it plans to issue a retail marijuana license for 226 Coulee Blvd., Coulee City.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge