Sunday, May 4, 2014
County to discuss tax, public defense
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners begin their weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
A discussion about hotel/motel tax revenues will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Jeff Childs of Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
On Tuesday, commissioners will hear departmental reports and open bids for contact herbicide for public works at 11:30 a.m. A discussion about public defense will be at 2:30 p.m.
Commissioners Ray Campbell and Jim DeTro plan to attend a Washington State Association of Counties conference in Chelan, Tuesday through Friday.
Animal cruelty tops Winthop agenda
WINTHROP – The Town Council will consider adding language about animal cruelty to its existing code at its next meeting, slated for 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Other agenda items include rescheduling a public hearing on the marijuana retail zoning policy, considering a special event amendment request for the Winthrop Market and approving a spot for a new informational sign.
The meeting will be in the Winthrop Auditorium Hen House, 51 state Highway 20.
Coalition sets DUI class Wednesday
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County Community Coalition is hosting a class at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
Planning commission to meet
BRIDGEPORT – The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 1206 Columbia Ave.
An agenda was not available before press time.
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge