Sunday, May 4, 2014
County to discuss tax, public defense
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners begin their weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
A discussion about hotel/motel tax revenues will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Jeff Childs of Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
On Tuesday, commissioners will hear departmental reports and open bids for contact herbicide for public works at 11:30 a.m. A discussion about public defense will be at 2:30 p.m.
Commissioners Ray Campbell and Jim DeTro plan to attend a Washington State Association of Counties conference in Chelan, Tuesday through Friday.
Animal cruelty tops Winthop agenda
WINTHROP – The Town Council will consider adding language about animal cruelty to its existing code at its next meeting, slated for 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Other agenda items include rescheduling a public hearing on the marijuana retail zoning policy, considering a special event amendment request for the Winthrop Market and approving a spot for a new informational sign.
The meeting will be in the Winthrop Auditorium Hen House, 51 state Highway 20.
Coalition sets DUI class Wednesday
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County Community Coalition is hosting a class at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
Planning commission to meet
BRIDGEPORT – The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 1206 Columbia Ave.
An agenda was not available before press time.
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas todayWashington first lady Trudi Inslee is in Pateros today touring fire areas. She toured the Alta Lake spike camp to ...
- Public meeting about fires is today in NespelemA public meeting about the North Star and Tunk Block fires will be at 5 p.m. today at Nespelem School, ...
More like this story
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge