Sunday, May 4, 2014
County to discuss tax, public defense
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners begin their weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
A discussion about hotel/motel tax revenues will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Jeff Childs of Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
On Tuesday, commissioners will hear departmental reports and open bids for contact herbicide for public works at 11:30 a.m. A discussion about public defense will be at 2:30 p.m.
Commissioners Ray Campbell and Jim DeTro plan to attend a Washington State Association of Counties conference in Chelan, Tuesday through Friday.
Animal cruelty tops Winthop agenda
WINTHROP – The Town Council will consider adding language about animal cruelty to its existing code at its next meeting, slated for 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Other agenda items include rescheduling a public hearing on the marijuana retail zoning policy, considering a special event amendment request for the Winthrop Market and approving a spot for a new informational sign.
The meeting will be in the Winthrop Auditorium Hen House, 51 state Highway 20.
Coalition sets DUI class Wednesday
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County Community Coalition is hosting a class at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
Planning commission to meet
BRIDGEPORT – The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 1206 Columbia Ave.
An agenda was not available before press time.
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge