Sunday, May 4, 2014
County to discuss tax, public defense
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners begin their weekly meetings at 9 a.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
A discussion about hotel/motel tax revenues will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Jeff Childs of Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
On Tuesday, commissioners will hear departmental reports and open bids for contact herbicide for public works at 11:30 a.m. A discussion about public defense will be at 2:30 p.m.
Commissioners Ray Campbell and Jim DeTro plan to attend a Washington State Association of Counties conference in Chelan, Tuesday through Friday.
Animal cruelty tops Winthop agenda
WINTHROP – The Town Council will consider adding language about animal cruelty to its existing code at its next meeting, slated for 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Other agenda items include rescheduling a public hearing on the marijuana retail zoning policy, considering a special event amendment request for the Winthrop Market and approving a spot for a new informational sign.
The meeting will be in the Winthrop Auditorium Hen House, 51 state Highway 20.
Coalition sets DUI class Wednesday
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County Community Coalition is hosting a class at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Grainger Administration Building, 123 N. Fifth Ave.
Planning commission to meet
BRIDGEPORT – The Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 1206 Columbia Ave.
An agenda was not available before press time.
More like this story
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman