Thursday, May 1, 2014
KETTLE FALLS A local man was killed early this morning following a head-on, two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 395 two miles south of town in Stevens County.
Jay E. Pratt, 34, of Kettle Falls, was pronounced dead at Mount Carmel Hospital, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Pratt was northbound in his 2003 Kia Rio on the highway, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle head-on at about 5:24 a.m., the patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Forester, was also injured.
Debra A. Lindberg, 59, of Kettle Falls, was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries, the patrol reported. Lindberg was wearing a seatbelt.
The highway was closed while the scene was investigated, the patrol reported, noting it reopened to traffic at 9:18 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation and authorities have yet to determine if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge