Thursday, May 1, 2014
KETTLE FALLS A local man was killed early this morning following a head-on, two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 395 two miles south of town in Stevens County.
Jay E. Pratt, 34, of Kettle Falls, was pronounced dead at Mount Carmel Hospital, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Pratt was northbound in his 2003 Kia Rio on the highway, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle head-on at about 5:24 a.m., the patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Forester, was also injured.
Debra A. Lindberg, 59, of Kettle Falls, was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries, the patrol reported. Lindberg was wearing a seatbelt.
The highway was closed while the scene was investigated, the patrol reported, noting it reopened to traffic at 9:18 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation and authorities have yet to determine if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options