Thursday, May 1, 2014
KETTLE FALLS A local man was killed early this morning following a head-on, two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 395 two miles south of town in Stevens County.
Jay E. Pratt, 34, of Kettle Falls, was pronounced dead at Mount Carmel Hospital, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Pratt was northbound in his 2003 Kia Rio on the highway, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle head-on at about 5:24 a.m., the patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Forester, was also injured.
Debra A. Lindberg, 59, of Kettle Falls, was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries, the patrol reported. Lindberg was wearing a seatbelt.
The highway was closed while the scene was investigated, the patrol reported, noting it reopened to traffic at 9:18 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation and authorities have yet to determine if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge