Thursday, May 1, 2014
KETTLE FALLS A local man was killed early this morning following a head-on, two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 395 two miles south of town in Stevens County.
Jay E. Pratt, 34, of Kettle Falls, was pronounced dead at Mount Carmel Hospital, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Pratt was northbound in his 2003 Kia Rio on the highway, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle head-on at about 5:24 a.m., the patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Forester, was also injured.
Debra A. Lindberg, 59, of Kettle Falls, was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries, the patrol reported. Lindberg was wearing a seatbelt.
The highway was closed while the scene was investigated, the patrol reported, noting it reopened to traffic at 9:18 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation and authorities have yet to determine if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON