Thursday, May 1, 2014
KETTLE FALLS A local man was killed early this morning following a head-on, two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 395 two miles south of town in Stevens County.
Jay E. Pratt, 34, of Kettle Falls, was pronounced dead at Mount Carmel Hospital, the Washington State Patrol reported.
Pratt was northbound in his 2003 Kia Rio on the highway, crossed the centerline and struck another vehicle head-on at about 5:24 a.m., the patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle, a 2010 Subaru Forester, was also injured.
Debra A. Lindberg, 59, of Kettle Falls, was transported to Mount Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries, the patrol reported. Lindberg was wearing a seatbelt.
The highway was closed while the scene was investigated, the patrol reported, noting it reopened to traffic at 9:18 a.m.
The crash remains under investigation and authorities have yet to determine if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge