Monday, March 31, 2014
CLE ELUM Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest officials are prohibiting ATVs from using Cle Elum Ranger District trails until June 15.
District off-road manager Mikki Douglass said the closure is necessary to protect natural resources during spring run-off and precipitation.
Trails will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis., Douglass said. Once a trail has dried out and maintenance is completed, it could be opened prior to June 15.
Trails opened to ATV use prior to June 15 will have "Trail Open" signs at trailheads, Douglass said.
National Forest Lands are extremely fragile during the spring melt and run off, forest officials said. Trails, as well as roads and the surrounding lands are vulnerable to damage from motorized vehicles.
Forest officials said closing the trails mitigates the need for some repairs.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge