Friday, March 28, 2014
NACHES Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest managers are planning to close Naches Ranger District motorized trails from April 1 until June 15 to protect natural resources.
The Naches Ranger District seasonal restrictions apply to all trails with any type of motorized designation and includes all trail users, motorized or non-motorized, officials said.
The forest has had similar temporary closures the past three years during wet spring months, officials said.
Dry trails could be opened prior to June 15, officials said.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires