Thursday, March 27, 2014
BREWSTER Steelhead fishing in the upper Columbia River and tributaries, which include the Okanogan, Methow, Similkameen and Wenatchee rivers, closes Monday.
The closures, announced Tuesday, are for all steelhead fishing above Rock Island Dam to 400 feet below Chief Joseph Dam.
The Okanogan River will be closed from its mouth to the U.S. Highway 97 bridge in Oroville.
The Methow River will be closed from its mouth to the confluence with the Chewuch River in Winthrop.
The Similkameen River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Enloe Dam.
The Wenatchee River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Tumwater Dam, including the Icicle River from the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
The closure comes because most steelhead will be spawning beginning in April.
National Marine Fisheries Service Permit 1395 for this program allows a fishery to be promulgated only through March 31.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the state DFW “Fishing in Washington” rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge