Thursday, March 27, 2014
BREWSTER Steelhead fishing in the upper Columbia River and tributaries, which include the Okanogan, Methow, Similkameen and Wenatchee rivers, closes Monday.
The closures, announced Tuesday, are for all steelhead fishing above Rock Island Dam to 400 feet below Chief Joseph Dam.
The Okanogan River will be closed from its mouth to the U.S. Highway 97 bridge in Oroville.
The Methow River will be closed from its mouth to the confluence with the Chewuch River in Winthrop.
The Similkameen River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Enloe Dam.
The Wenatchee River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Tumwater Dam, including the Icicle River from the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
The closure comes because most steelhead will be spawning beginning in April.
National Marine Fisheries Service Permit 1395 for this program allows a fishery to be promulgated only through March 31.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the state DFW “Fishing in Washington” rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations.
More like this story
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-179 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-180 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-166 April 20, 27) CITY OF OKANOGAN MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL
- 800 (2016-167 April 20, 27) CITY OF BREWSTER INVITATION TO BID
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge