Thursday, March 27, 2014
BREWSTER Steelhead fishing in the upper Columbia River and tributaries, which include the Okanogan, Methow, Similkameen and Wenatchee rivers, closes Monday.
The closures, announced Tuesday, are for all steelhead fishing above Rock Island Dam to 400 feet below Chief Joseph Dam.
The Okanogan River will be closed from its mouth to the U.S. Highway 97 bridge in Oroville.
The Methow River will be closed from its mouth to the confluence with the Chewuch River in Winthrop.
The Similkameen River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Enloe Dam.
The Wenatchee River will be closed from the mouth to 400 feet below Tumwater Dam, including the Icicle River from the mouth to 500 feet downstream of the Leavenworth Fish Hatchery Barrier Dam.
The closure comes because most steelhead will be spawning beginning in April.
National Marine Fisheries Service Permit 1395 for this program allows a fishery to be promulgated only through March 31.
Fishers must have a current Washington fishing license, appropriate to the fishery. Check the state DFW “Fishing in Washington” rules pamphlet for details on fishing seasons and regulations.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON