Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge