Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge