Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options