Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Officials hope for rain, possible highway reopening
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge