Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge