Thursday, March 20, 2014
OKANOGAN Jerod Gavin was named Tuesday night as the new city fire chief.
Gavin, 38, is an Omak firefighter and Okanogan resident. He works as an Omak police officer and plans to continue in that position.
He succeeds Scott Duncan, who has been acting chief since longtime Chief Gordon Hennigs was terminated by former Mayor Michael Blake in December.
Mayor Jon Culp announced his selection of Gavin during the City Council meeting.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington