Wednesday, March 19, 2014
WATERVILLE The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is investigating the burning of a pickup truck and utility trailer parked near the intersection of Olson Road and Road A S.W.
According to Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the incident occurred late Sunday ore early Monday morning.
Gjesdal said a woman called the Sheriff's Office on Sunday to let authorities know her pickup broke down near the intersection. A deputy later checked to make sure the vehicles weren't a traffic hazard.
Since the road does not generally have a lot of vehicular traffic and there wasn't a hazard, the deputy left the vehicles to give the owner an opportunity to get them moved, the sheriff said.
On Monday morning, the Sheriff's Office received a report that the vehicles had been burned, Gjesdal said.
Deputies responding to the scene found the destroyed vehicles and open an arson investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office at 509-884-0941.
More like this story
- Okanogan names superintendent finalists
- Okanogan Farm Lights Festival set for Nov. 29
- Methow Conservancy plans annual party, film showing
- Science teacher wins conservation award
- Santa arrives in Conconully on Dec. 2
- Rosco bags big moose
- Cates, Jessee named MVPs in Caribou Trail League football
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccer returns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer