Wednesday, March 19, 2014
WATERVILLE The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is investigating the burning of a pickup truck and utility trailer parked near the intersection of Olson Road and Road A S.W.
According to Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the incident occurred late Sunday ore early Monday morning.
Gjesdal said a woman called the Sheriff's Office on Sunday to let authorities know her pickup broke down near the intersection. A deputy later checked to make sure the vehicles weren't a traffic hazard.
Since the road does not generally have a lot of vehicular traffic and there wasn't a hazard, the deputy left the vehicles to give the owner an opportunity to get them moved, the sheriff said.
On Monday morning, the Sheriff's Office received a report that the vehicles had been burned, Gjesdal said.
Deputies responding to the scene found the destroyed vehicles and open an arson investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office at 509-884-0941.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge