Wednesday, March 19, 2014
WATERVILLE The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is investigating the burning of a pickup truck and utility trailer parked near the intersection of Olson Road and Road A S.W.
According to Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal, the incident occurred late Sunday ore early Monday morning.
Gjesdal said a woman called the Sheriff's Office on Sunday to let authorities know her pickup broke down near the intersection. A deputy later checked to make sure the vehicles weren't a traffic hazard.
Since the road does not generally have a lot of vehicular traffic and there wasn't a hazard, the deputy left the vehicles to give the owner an opportunity to get them moved, the sheriff said.
On Monday morning, the Sheriff's Office received a report that the vehicles had been burned, Gjesdal said.
Deputies responding to the scene found the destroyed vehicles and open an arson investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office at 509-884-0941.
More like this story
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
- 800 (2016-238 May 25) Notice of Final SEPA Determination and Hearing Date CUP 2016-2 “N.O. Paws
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge