Wednesday, March 19, 2014
HYAK Construction is scheduled to return to Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass in early April.
As a result, state Department of Transportation officials are suggesting drivers start planning cross-pass trips to avoid major construction-related delays.
Starting April 12, I-90 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction for two weeks, including weekends, as crews build detours in preparation for the 2014 construction season.
Crews will also remove the 64-year-old snowshed.
“We can’t stress how important it is for drivers to know before they go and plan ahead before heading out the door,” Transportation Regional Administrator Don Whitehouse said. “During the single-lane closures, drivers will need to change their travel plans in order to avoid delays of up to two hours.
"We suggest you travel early in the morning, go later at night, find an alternate route or postpone your trip until after April 25.”
The work is part of a $551 million I-90 widening project from Hyak to Keechelus Dam.
WSDOT and contractor crews will also be working on a number of other projects east of Snoqualmie Pass later this summer.
Those projects will replace deteriorating pavement and improve visibility with new lighting and lane markings with solar-powered light-emitting diodes, officials said.
Rock blasting also resumes this summer and drivers need to plan for hour-long closures Monday through Thursday starting an hour before sunset.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge