Wednesday, March 19, 2014
HYAK Construction is scheduled to return to Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass in early April.
As a result, state Department of Transportation officials are suggesting drivers start planning cross-pass trips to avoid major construction-related delays.
Starting April 12, I-90 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction for two weeks, including weekends, as crews build detours in preparation for the 2014 construction season.
Crews will also remove the 64-year-old snowshed.
“We can’t stress how important it is for drivers to know before they go and plan ahead before heading out the door,” Transportation Regional Administrator Don Whitehouse said. “During the single-lane closures, drivers will need to change their travel plans in order to avoid delays of up to two hours.
"We suggest you travel early in the morning, go later at night, find an alternate route or postpone your trip until after April 25.”
The work is part of a $551 million I-90 widening project from Hyak to Keechelus Dam.
WSDOT and contractor crews will also be working on a number of other projects east of Snoqualmie Pass later this summer.
Those projects will replace deteriorating pavement and improve visibility with new lighting and lane markings with solar-powered light-emitting diodes, officials said.
Rock blasting also resumes this summer and drivers need to plan for hour-long closures Monday through Thursday starting an hour before sunset.
More like this story
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge