Wednesday, March 19, 2014
HYAK Construction is scheduled to return to Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass in early April.
As a result, state Department of Transportation officials are suggesting drivers start planning cross-pass trips to avoid major construction-related delays.
Starting April 12, I-90 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction for two weeks, including weekends, as crews build detours in preparation for the 2014 construction season.
Crews will also remove the 64-year-old snowshed.
“We can’t stress how important it is for drivers to know before they go and plan ahead before heading out the door,” Transportation Regional Administrator Don Whitehouse said. “During the single-lane closures, drivers will need to change their travel plans in order to avoid delays of up to two hours.
"We suggest you travel early in the morning, go later at night, find an alternate route or postpone your trip until after April 25.”
The work is part of a $551 million I-90 widening project from Hyak to Keechelus Dam.
WSDOT and contractor crews will also be working on a number of other projects east of Snoqualmie Pass later this summer.
Those projects will replace deteriorating pavement and improve visibility with new lighting and lane markings with solar-powered light-emitting diodes, officials said.
Rock blasting also resumes this summer and drivers need to plan for hour-long closures Monday through Thursday starting an hour before sunset.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District