Tuesday, March 18, 2014
BRIDGEPORT Washington State Parks turns 101 years old tomorrow and visitors are being encouraged to celebrate by getting out to enjoy a state park for free.
Visitors won't need a Discover Pass to access the parks tomorrow.
State lands accessible free to visitors tomorrow include Conconully, Bridgeport, Beebe Bridge, Chelan, Curlew Lake, Steamboat Rock and others.
Statewide, the agency manages more than 100 parks.
Tomorrow is the third of 12 "free" days planned for this year.
“We’re hoping that you’ll get out on Wednesday to a state park in your area and just remind yourself of the treasures we have in our state,” State Parks Commission Chairwoman Lucinda Whaley of Spokane said.
“The State Parks free days give people a chance to sample some of the beauty of the park system – and then we hope you’ll support your state park system and buy your Discover Pass. Revenues from the pass are very important because they allow us to keep operating parks and services.”
Remaining free days this year are:
2014 State Parks free days are as follows:
• April 19
• April 22
• May 11
• June 7 and 8
• June 14
• Aug. 25
• Sept. 27
• Nov. 11
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge