Sunday, March 16, 2014
ENTIAT Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest fire specialists are preparing to begin the spring prescribed fire season on the Entiat Ranger District as early as mid-March and continuing through mid-May.
A projected 2,200 acres are planned for treatment in the Forest Mountain/ Johnson Creek area, Lower Tyee, Preston Creek and Potato Creek areas.
The objective for the prescribed burn areas is to maintain and restore vegetation and fuel conditions to what may have more historically occurred on the landscape, officials said.
A new treatment area of nearly 700 acres is located in the Forest Mountain and Johnson Creek area.
In the Lower Tyee, up to 700 acres are planned for burning this spring, officials said. Nearly 450 acres are planned in the Preston Creek area, a project that has been going on since the early 2000s.
Sections in the Potato Creek area, totaling close to 350 acres, may also be burned.
The burns are planned as a means to reduce the threat of severe wildfires.
All Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest controlled burns are weather-dependent.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- 820 (2016-313 July 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3) IRS JUDICIAL AUCTION SALE
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge