Thursday, March 13, 2014
STEVENS PASS Three members of the Loup Ski Team competed well at the U12 championships last weekend and wrapped up the season.
Eva Weymuller of Winthrop finished 16th in her first-ever super G on Friday, coach Bret Alumbaugh said.
“With a field of 150-plus racers, the Loup skiers had a great weekend,” Alumbaugh said. “They battled rain, slush and big ruts on the courses.”
Weymuller finished 18th in a girls giant slalom Saturday.
Olivia Glenn of Twisp, who is in U10 and was skiing up a division, finished 51st.
Aiden Catlin of Twisp finished 21st on the boys side in the giant slalom.
Weymuller was 18th in the slalom on Sunday. Glenn was 39th.
Catlin was 17th in the boys slalom.
“All three skiers are the youngest in their age groups and will be back next year for another run in the U12 championships,” Alumbaugh said.
The Loup’s U14 skiers will finish their season in the Buddy Werner Championships this weekend at Crystal Mountain.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge