Thursday, March 13, 2014
STEVENS PASS Three members of the Loup Ski Team competed well at the U12 championships last weekend and wrapped up the season.
Eva Weymuller of Winthrop finished 16th in her first-ever super G on Friday, coach Bret Alumbaugh said.
“With a field of 150-plus racers, the Loup skiers had a great weekend,” Alumbaugh said. “They battled rain, slush and big ruts on the courses.”
Weymuller finished 18th in a girls giant slalom Saturday.
Olivia Glenn of Twisp, who is in U10 and was skiing up a division, finished 51st.
Aiden Catlin of Twisp finished 21st on the boys side in the giant slalom.
Weymuller was 18th in the slalom on Sunday. Glenn was 39th.
Catlin was 17th in the boys slalom.
“All three skiers are the youngest in their age groups and will be back next year for another run in the U12 championships,” Alumbaugh said.
The Loup’s U14 skiers will finish their season in the Buddy Werner Championships this weekend at Crystal Mountain.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge