Thursday, March 13, 2014
STEVENS PASS Three members of the Loup Ski Team competed well at the U12 championships last weekend and wrapped up the season.
Eva Weymuller of Winthrop finished 16th in her first-ever super G on Friday, coach Bret Alumbaugh said.
“With a field of 150-plus racers, the Loup skiers had a great weekend,” Alumbaugh said. “They battled rain, slush and big ruts on the courses.”
Weymuller finished 18th in a girls giant slalom Saturday.
Olivia Glenn of Twisp, who is in U10 and was skiing up a division, finished 51st.
Aiden Catlin of Twisp finished 21st on the boys side in the giant slalom.
Weymuller was 18th in the slalom on Sunday. Glenn was 39th.
Catlin was 17th in the boys slalom.
“All three skiers are the youngest in their age groups and will be back next year for another run in the U12 championships,” Alumbaugh said.
The Loup’s U14 skiers will finish their season in the Buddy Werner Championships this weekend at Crystal Mountain.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting