Thursday, March 13, 2014
STEVENS PASS Three members of the Loup Ski Team competed well at the U12 championships last weekend and wrapped up the season.
Eva Weymuller of Winthrop finished 16th in her first-ever super G on Friday, coach Bret Alumbaugh said.
“With a field of 150-plus racers, the Loup skiers had a great weekend,” Alumbaugh said. “They battled rain, slush and big ruts on the courses.”
Weymuller finished 18th in a girls giant slalom Saturday.
Olivia Glenn of Twisp, who is in U10 and was skiing up a division, finished 51st.
Aiden Catlin of Twisp finished 21st on the boys side in the giant slalom.
Weymuller was 18th in the slalom on Sunday. Glenn was 39th.
Catlin was 17th in the boys slalom.
“All three skiers are the youngest in their age groups and will be back next year for another run in the U12 championships,” Alumbaugh said.
The Loup’s U14 skiers will finish their season in the Buddy Werner Championships this weekend at Crystal Mountain.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge