Thursday, March 13, 2014
STEVENS PASS Three members of the Loup Ski Team competed well at the U12 championships last weekend and wrapped up the season.
Eva Weymuller of Winthrop finished 16th in her first-ever super G on Friday, coach Bret Alumbaugh said.
“With a field of 150-plus racers, the Loup skiers had a great weekend,” Alumbaugh said. “They battled rain, slush and big ruts on the courses.”
Weymuller finished 18th in a girls giant slalom Saturday.
Olivia Glenn of Twisp, who is in U10 and was skiing up a division, finished 51st.
Aiden Catlin of Twisp finished 21st on the boys side in the giant slalom.
Weymuller was 18th in the slalom on Sunday. Glenn was 39th.
Catlin was 17th in the boys slalom.
“All three skiers are the youngest in their age groups and will be back next year for another run in the U12 championships,” Alumbaugh said.
The Loup’s U14 skiers will finish their season in the Buddy Werner Championships this weekend at Crystal Mountain.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge