Wednesday, March 12, 2014
LOUP LOUP Zyan Shull of Winthrop swept to first place in all four of his slalom races at the fourth annual Loup Snowboard Races last weekend at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl.
Shull, who competes in the boys 10- 11-year-old class, won both giant slaloms Saturday and both slalom races Sunday.
“People traveled all the way from Olympia,” Loup snowboard coach Gene Shull said. “We had several repeat competitors to travel to our race. Our race is part of the Inland Northwest snowboard competition series. Kids and adults can qualify to go to nationals in Colorado in this larger series.”
Results for area snowboarders:
Giant slalom 1: 1, Zyan Shull, boys 10- to 11-year-olds, combined time of 166.93. 1, Ehjay Goss, senior men, 119.54. 2, Stephen Shiles, Winthrop, senior men, 131.54.
Giant slalom 2: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 155.31. 1, Goss, senior men, 116.93 (fastest combined time of all racers). 2, Shiles, senior men, 130.21.
Slalom race 1: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 117.08. 1, Cora Diehl, girls 12-13, 169.59. 2, Justin Sonne, boys 14-15, 155.24. 1, Shiles, senior men, 94.57. 1, Travis Applebee, masters men, 127.94.
Slalom race 2: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 120.13. 1, Diehl, girls 12-13, 186.49. 2, Sonne, boys 14-15, 153.37. 1, Shiles, senior men, 96.61. 1, Applebee, masters men, 117.20.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge