Wednesday, March 12, 2014
LOUP LOUP Zyan Shull of Winthrop swept to first place in all four of his slalom races at the fourth annual Loup Snowboard Races last weekend at the Loup Loup Ski Bowl.
Shull, who competes in the boys 10- 11-year-old class, won both giant slaloms Saturday and both slalom races Sunday.
“People traveled all the way from Olympia,” Loup snowboard coach Gene Shull said. “We had several repeat competitors to travel to our race. Our race is part of the Inland Northwest snowboard competition series. Kids and adults can qualify to go to nationals in Colorado in this larger series.”
Results for area snowboarders:
Giant slalom 1: 1, Zyan Shull, boys 10- to 11-year-olds, combined time of 166.93. 1, Ehjay Goss, senior men, 119.54. 2, Stephen Shiles, Winthrop, senior men, 131.54.
Giant slalom 2: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 155.31. 1, Goss, senior men, 116.93 (fastest combined time of all racers). 2, Shiles, senior men, 130.21.
Slalom race 1: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 117.08. 1, Cora Diehl, girls 12-13, 169.59. 2, Justin Sonne, boys 14-15, 155.24. 1, Shiles, senior men, 94.57. 1, Travis Applebee, masters men, 127.94.
Slalom race 2: 1, Shull, boys 10-11, 120.13. 1, Diehl, girls 12-13, 186.49. 2, Sonne, boys 14-15, 153.37. 1, Shiles, senior men, 96.61. 1, Applebee, masters men, 117.20.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan