Wednesday, March 12, 2014
WINTHROP The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association will host a free cross-country ski day Friday.
“Backyard Ski Day is a great way to experience the Methow Valley ski trails for the first time,” spokeswoman Kristen Smith said. “Trail passes will not be required on this day and the event even includes free ski rentals and free ski lessons.
“Enjoy this barrier-free opportunity to experience the thrill of cross-country skiing. Bring your family, bring a friend and enjoy a fantastic day outdoors on the ski trails.”
The MVSTA trail system includes more than 120 miles of cross-country ski trails.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting