Wednesday, March 12, 2014
WINTHROP The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association will host a free cross-country ski day Friday.
“Backyard Ski Day is a great way to experience the Methow Valley ski trails for the first time,” spokeswoman Kristen Smith said. “Trail passes will not be required on this day and the event even includes free ski rentals and free ski lessons.
“Enjoy this barrier-free opportunity to experience the thrill of cross-country skiing. Bring your family, bring a friend and enjoy a fantastic day outdoors on the ski trails.”
The MVSTA trail system includes more than 120 miles of cross-country ski trails.
More like this story
- Coulee City motorcyclist killed
- Tribe plans hemp blessing Tuesday morning
- Fire tops 30,000 acres, destroys two structures
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain