Wednesday, March 12, 2014
WINTHROP The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association will host a free cross-country ski day Friday.
“Backyard Ski Day is a great way to experience the Methow Valley ski trails for the first time,” spokeswoman Kristen Smith said. “Trail passes will not be required on this day and the event even includes free ski rentals and free ski lessons.
“Enjoy this barrier-free opportunity to experience the thrill of cross-country skiing. Bring your family, bring a friend and enjoy a fantastic day outdoors on the ski trails.”
The MVSTA trail system includes more than 120 miles of cross-country ski trails.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge