Wednesday, March 12, 2014
WINTHROP The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association will host a free cross-country ski day Friday.
“Backyard Ski Day is a great way to experience the Methow Valley ski trails for the first time,” spokeswoman Kristen Smith said. “Trail passes will not be required on this day and the event even includes free ski rentals and free ski lessons.
“Enjoy this barrier-free opportunity to experience the thrill of cross-country skiing. Bring your family, bring a friend and enjoy a fantastic day outdoors on the ski trails.”
The MVSTA trail system includes more than 120 miles of cross-country ski trails.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan