Tuesday, March 11, 2014
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital commissioners narrowed their CEO search down to three finalists today, one of which is the Coulee Medical Center administrator.
During the course of the interviews, only two candidates shared enough information to point to their identities:
- “S” is Coulee Medical Center CEO Scott Graham.
- “D,” the candidate who didn’t make the final cut, is David Abercrombie, CEO of Madison County Memorial Hospital in Madison, Fla.
The other candidates, L and E, didn’t give away their precise locations, and L noted she’s currently in Idaho.
State law permits the hospital board to withhold the names of applicants, but does not require privacy.
The Chronicle has challenged the Three Rivers process, calling for information on all of the candidates to be made public.
The State Attorney General's Office has also encouraged the board to be more open with the hiring process.
The commissioners spent more than five hours this morning interviewing four candidates over the phone, then moved into executive session to discuss their qualifications.
In-person interviews are planned for the week of March 24, although a final schedule is in the process of being worked out.
In an open public meeting, commissioners Vicki Orford, Michael Pruett, Tracy Shrable and Jerry Tretwold, along with committee member Michael Zoretic and current CEO O.E. “Bud” Hufnagel, each shared their Top 3 choices.
The board then voted to invite the finalists candidates L, E and S to come for interviews and tours of the hospital and community.
Orford said the hospital will continue to keep the names confidential until they are notified they’re finalists.
On behalf of the board, Chairwoman Orford asked 13 questions – all the same – of each candidate. It led to discussions about each candidates’ management style and vision, and the hospital’s financial troubles, new government regulations coming down the pike and recruiting physicians.
Pick up Sunday’s edition of The Chronicle for the full story from today’s interviews.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge