Tuesday, March 11, 2014
TONASKET The first race of the NBHA barrel racing season will be a doubleheader March 23 at the Colbert Arena.
The arena, three miles north of town on U.S. Highway 97, will open at 12:30 p.m.
Time-only trials will start at 1 p.m., with racing following at 2 p.m., spokeswoman Karen Zittel said.
“This is going to be another exciting year for barrel racers in Okanogan County,” NBHA District WA02 Representative Rhonda Colbert said. “We welcome new members with open arms. It is a really friendly atmosphere. We will have races throughout the spring and summer. (The season culminates) with NBHA state finals, for those interested, in September in Moses Lake.
“Young riders can start in the peewee classes, progress to the youth, then on to the open and finally there are races for the seniors. It is a fun event for the whole family.”
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge