Tuesday, March 11, 2014
TONASKET The first race of the NBHA barrel racing season will be a doubleheader March 23 at the Colbert Arena.
The arena, three miles north of town on U.S. Highway 97, will open at 12:30 p.m.
Time-only trials will start at 1 p.m., with racing following at 2 p.m., spokeswoman Karen Zittel said.
“This is going to be another exciting year for barrel racers in Okanogan County,” NBHA District WA02 Representative Rhonda Colbert said. “We welcome new members with open arms. It is a really friendly atmosphere. We will have races throughout the spring and summer. (The season culminates) with NBHA state finals, for those interested, in September in Moses Lake.
“Young riders can start in the peewee classes, progress to the youth, then on to the open and finally there are races for the seniors. It is a fun event for the whole family.”
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge