Tuesday, March 11, 2014
TONASKET The first race of the NBHA barrel racing season will be a doubleheader March 23 at the Colbert Arena.
The arena, three miles north of town on U.S. Highway 97, will open at 12:30 p.m.
Time-only trials will start at 1 p.m., with racing following at 2 p.m., spokeswoman Karen Zittel said.
“This is going to be another exciting year for barrel racers in Okanogan County,” NBHA District WA02 Representative Rhonda Colbert said. “We welcome new members with open arms. It is a really friendly atmosphere. We will have races throughout the spring and summer. (The season culminates) with NBHA state finals, for those interested, in September in Moses Lake.
“Young riders can start in the peewee classes, progress to the youth, then on to the open and finally there are races for the seniors. It is a fun event for the whole family.”
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge