Tuesday, March 11, 2014
TONASKET The first race of the NBHA barrel racing season will be a doubleheader March 23 at the Colbert Arena.
The arena, three miles north of town on U.S. Highway 97, will open at 12:30 p.m.
Time-only trials will start at 1 p.m., with racing following at 2 p.m., spokeswoman Karen Zittel said.
“This is going to be another exciting year for barrel racers in Okanogan County,” NBHA District WA02 Representative Rhonda Colbert said. “We welcome new members with open arms. It is a really friendly atmosphere. We will have races throughout the spring and summer. (The season culminates) with NBHA state finals, for those interested, in September in Moses Lake.
“Young riders can start in the peewee classes, progress to the youth, then on to the open and finally there are races for the seniors. It is a fun event for the whole family.”
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge