Tuesday, March 11, 2014
TONASKET The first race of the NBHA barrel racing season will be a doubleheader March 23 at the Colbert Arena.
The arena, three miles north of town on U.S. Highway 97, will open at 12:30 p.m.
Time-only trials will start at 1 p.m., with racing following at 2 p.m., spokeswoman Karen Zittel said.
“This is going to be another exciting year for barrel racers in Okanogan County,” NBHA District WA02 Representative Rhonda Colbert said. “We welcome new members with open arms. It is a really friendly atmosphere. We will have races throughout the spring and summer. (The season culminates) with NBHA state finals, for those interested, in September in Moses Lake.
“Young riders can start in the peewee classes, progress to the youth, then on to the open and finally there are races for the seniors. It is a fun event for the whole family.”
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge