Monday, March 10, 2014
OKANOGAN The City Council has authorized a memorandum of understanding with the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office for limited animal control services.
The city eliminated animal control from its 2014 budget.
Under the agreement, approved by the council last Tuesday, the city will hold animals for the Sheriff’s Office at the city pound, 1601 S. First Ave., and will feed and water the animals at no charge to the county.
In return, the Sheriff’s Office will provide occasional animal control services on an as-needed basis to respond to vicious or perceived vicious animals. The city would not be charged.
The city would be responsible for costs associated with animals captured within the city limits. The county would be responsible for those captured outside the corporate limits.
In other business, the council:
- Nominated Brooklyn Bauer for an Association of Washington Cities scholarship. She is a senior at Okanogan High School.
- Heard a report from Councilwoman Janet Wilson, who recently joined the Economic Alliance Board.
- Heard Mayor Jon Culp declare March 9-15 as Girl Scout Week in Okanogan.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-159 June 21, 28) NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DATE CHANGE
- 820 (2017-160 June 21, 28) PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the OCFD No 7 Commissioners
- 820 (2017-164 June 28) Public Auction Notice