Friday, March 7, 2014
OMAK A city Public Works Department official says downtown motorists should prepare for traffic delays or find alternate travel routes.
According to Director Todd McDaniel, reconstruction work on the city's sewer system is nearing the intersection of Main Street and Central Avenue.
"We expect one lane, flagger-controlled traffic for east and west traffic across the bridge," McDaniel said Friday.
Construction at the intersection will affect traffic and motorists should expect delays, he said, noting east-west bridge traffic will be hardest hit.
McDaniel suggests motorists try alternate routes around the construction area.
"The project will continue east of this intersection on Central Avenue to the Okanogan River bridge," he said.
Construction will then be in the alley from Central Avenue to Bartlett Street.
The delays are expected to last for two weeks beginning Sunday.
Motorists can continue to access the downtown area with less inconvenience via Riverside Drive from the north.
North-south traffic can also skirt the construction area by using U.S. Highway 97, Ash Street or Jasmine Avenue.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.