Friday, March 7, 2014
OMAK A city Public Works Department official says downtown motorists should prepare for traffic delays or find alternate travel routes.
According to Director Todd McDaniel, reconstruction work on the city's sewer system is nearing the intersection of Main Street and Central Avenue.
"We expect one lane, flagger-controlled traffic for east and west traffic across the bridge," McDaniel said Friday.
Construction at the intersection will affect traffic and motorists should expect delays, he said, noting east-west bridge traffic will be hardest hit.
McDaniel suggests motorists try alternate routes around the construction area.
"The project will continue east of this intersection on Central Avenue to the Okanogan River bridge," he said.
Construction will then be in the alley from Central Avenue to Bartlett Street.
The delays are expected to last for two weeks beginning Sunday.
Motorists can continue to access the downtown area with less inconvenience via Riverside Drive from the north.
North-south traffic can also skirt the construction area by using U.S. Highway 97, Ash Street or Jasmine Avenue.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE