Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPOKANE Wilbur-Creston can't seem to shake Pateros in the opening round of the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
At halftime, the Wildcats lead the Nannies 28-25.
Emily Starzman put two free throws in the hoop with 4 seconds to go in the half to give Wilbur-Creston its 3-point cushion after Pateros has closed the gap to 1.
Ashton Steggall, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, has blocked several up-court Wildcat passes to slow down Wilbur-Creston offense.
Meanwhile, Laurie LeDoux has kept the Nannies' offense focused.
Neither team has lost a game in the 1B ranks this season.
The winner will go on to face the winner of the Colton vs. Tulalip Heritage game in the semi-finals tomorrow night.
More like this story
- Rule change closes some steelhead fishing
- Okanogan claims state 1B/2B soccer title
- Okanogan returns to state 2B football semifinals
- Emergency declared
- Murder trial enters second week in court
- Elementary students honor veterans
- NFHS to broadcast state soccer finals
- Statewide wind storms leave little damage in Okanogan County
- Prosecutor gives opening argument in Jennings murder trial
- Suspect takes his own life in standoff