Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPOKANE Wilbur-Creston can't seem to shake Pateros in the opening round of the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
At halftime, the Wildcats lead the Nannies 28-25.
Emily Starzman put two free throws in the hoop with 4 seconds to go in the half to give Wilbur-Creston its 3-point cushion after Pateros has closed the gap to 1.
Ashton Steggall, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, has blocked several up-court Wildcat passes to slow down Wilbur-Creston offense.
Meanwhile, Laurie LeDoux has kept the Nannies' offense focused.
Neither team has lost a game in the 1B ranks this season.
The winner will go on to face the winner of the Colton vs. Tulalip Heritage game in the semi-finals tomorrow night.
More like this story
- Coulee City motorcyclist killed
- Tribe plans hemp blessing Tuesday morning
- Fire tops 30,000 acres, destroys two structures
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain