Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPOKANE Wilbur-Creston can't seem to shake Pateros in the opening round of the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
At halftime, the Wildcats lead the Nannies 28-25.
Emily Starzman put two free throws in the hoop with 4 seconds to go in the half to give Wilbur-Creston its 3-point cushion after Pateros has closed the gap to 1.
Ashton Steggall, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, has blocked several up-court Wildcat passes to slow down Wilbur-Creston offense.
Meanwhile, Laurie LeDoux has kept the Nannies' offense focused.
Neither team has lost a game in the 1B ranks this season.
The winner will go on to face the winner of the Colton vs. Tulalip Heritage game in the semi-finals tomorrow night.
More like this story
- Communities scare up tricks, treats
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge