Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPOKANE Wilbur-Creston can't seem to shake Pateros in the opening round of the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
At halftime, the Wildcats lead the Nannies 28-25.
Emily Starzman put two free throws in the hoop with 4 seconds to go in the half to give Wilbur-Creston its 3-point cushion after Pateros has closed the gap to 1.
Ashton Steggall, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, has blocked several up-court Wildcat passes to slow down Wilbur-Creston offense.
Meanwhile, Laurie LeDoux has kept the Nannies' offense focused.
Neither team has lost a game in the 1B ranks this season.
The winner will go on to face the winner of the Colton vs. Tulalip Heritage game in the semi-finals tomorrow night.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting