Thursday, March 6, 2014
SPOKANE Wilbur-Creston can't seem to shake Pateros in the opening round of the state 1B girls basketball tournament.
At halftime, the Wildcats lead the Nannies 28-25.
Emily Starzman put two free throws in the hoop with 4 seconds to go in the half to give Wilbur-Creston its 3-point cushion after Pateros has closed the gap to 1.
Ashton Steggall, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, has blocked several up-court Wildcat passes to slow down Wilbur-Creston offense.
Meanwhile, Laurie LeDoux has kept the Nannies' offense focused.
Neither team has lost a game in the 1B ranks this season.
The winner will go on to face the winner of the Colton vs. Tulalip Heritage game in the semi-finals tomorrow night.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan