Thursday, March 6, 2014
NESPELEM The Colville Business Council has expelled an Omak District councilman from the tribe’s governing body.
Benjamin E. “Benny” Marchand Jr. was removed from the council for violating council ethics for 18 counts of using his tribal credit card in violation of the council’s credit card policy.
The council Rules Committee investigated the allegations and had a hearing on the matter, council Chairman Michael Finley said.
The committee recommended a two-week suspension and restitution.
Nespelem Councilman Ricky Gabriel instead moved to expel Marchand rather than suspend him.
The amendment and resulting resolution passed on identical 10-3 votes, with Omak District council members Marchand, John Sirois and N. Lynn Palmanteer-Holder voting against.
Marchand was appointed to the council after the June 2012 resignation of Ferdinand Louie. Marchand won election to a two-year term in 2013.
The vacancy is the second from the Omak District in the past two weeks. Ernest “Sneena” Brooks III resigned after a Feb. 14 arrest in Idaho on an allegation of rape.
His position was filled Thursday morning by Richard Tonasket, who voted for expulsion.
Finley, as chairman, did not vote.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge