Thursday, March 6, 2014
YAKIMA Brewster closed to within four points late in the game, but just could not regain their first-quarter lead and fell, 51-41, to King’s on Thursday, the opening day of the state 1A boys basketball tournament.
Easton Driessen scored 10 points (8-25 field goals; 1-9 3-pointers), including several late to cut the Knights’ lead.
Brewster led 9-4 after the first quarter before falling back after a 20-9 second-quarter run by King’s .
The Bears turned the ball over 20 times and gave up 13 steals to the quick-handed Knights, who do not have a player shorter than 6-foot on the roster.
Josh Hammons scored 10 points (5-8 field goals) to go with 9 rebounds for Brewster.
Brewster’s long-range bomber, Timbo Taylor (5 points 2-6 shooting), sat for several minutes in the fourth quarter before fouling out.
Brewster was 2-for-14 shooting treys to King’s 3-16, outrebounded King’s 37-35 and finished shooting 34 percent (18-53) to King’s 37 percent (18-49).
For fouls, Driessen was the lone Bear going to the charity line (3-5).
King’s made 12-of-18 free throws.
The Knights turned the ball over 14 times.
Brewster (41) – Driessen 20, Orozco 2, E. Najera 0, Hammons 10, Boesel 0, Divis 0, Talavera 0, Smith 2, Taylor 5, Jacobson 2.
Rebounds (37) – Hammons 9, Taylor 8. Assists (7): Driessen 3. Steals (8): Taylor 3.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge