Thursday, March 6, 2014
YAKIMA Brewster closed to within four points late in the game, but just could not regain their first-quarter lead and fell, 51-41, to King’s on Thursday, the opening day of the state 1A boys basketball tournament.
Easton Driessen scored 10 points (8-25 field goals; 1-9 3-pointers), including several late to cut the Knights’ lead.
Brewster led 9-4 after the first quarter before falling back after a 20-9 second-quarter run by King’s .
The Bears turned the ball over 20 times and gave up 13 steals to the quick-handed Knights, who do not have a player shorter than 6-foot on the roster.
Josh Hammons scored 10 points (5-8 field goals) to go with 9 rebounds for Brewster.
Brewster’s long-range bomber, Timbo Taylor (5 points 2-6 shooting), sat for several minutes in the fourth quarter before fouling out.
Brewster was 2-for-14 shooting treys to King’s 3-16, outrebounded King’s 37-35 and finished shooting 34 percent (18-53) to King’s 37 percent (18-49).
For fouls, Driessen was the lone Bear going to the charity line (3-5).
King’s made 12-of-18 free throws.
The Knights turned the ball over 14 times.
Brewster (41) – Driessen 20, Orozco 2, E. Najera 0, Hammons 10, Boesel 0, Divis 0, Talavera 0, Smith 2, Taylor 5, Jacobson 2.
Rebounds (37) – Hammons 9, Taylor 8. Assists (7): Driessen 3. Steals (8): Taylor 3.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge