Wednesday, March 5, 2014
SPOKANE VALLEY A deputy shot an armed woman early this morning after a three-and-a-half hour stand-off at a motel.
According to a Spokane Police Department report, Bonnie Ulrick, 37, was shot in the hand by an officer on the Spokane County Sheriff's Office SWAT team.
The shooting occurred at about 5:30 a.m. at Motel 6, 1919 N. Hutchinson Ave.
A man, 32-year-old Eric Heil, who was also involved in the stand-off was taken into custody.
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response team is investigating the shooting.
According to the report, deputies located a stolen vehicle in the parking lot and learned Ulrick and Heil, who had outstanding felony warrants, were armed and in a motel room.
Deputies used a loudspeaker to call on the suspects to surrender, the report said. Instead, they barricaded themselves in the room.
The SWAT team's hostage negotiator contacted Ulrick and Heil via telephone at about 2 a.m.
After unsuccessful attempts to get them to surrender, a deputy shot Ulrick at about 5:30 a.m., the report said, noting she was armed with a pistol. Heil surrendered.
The name of the officer involved in the shooting has not yet been released.
Paramedics on-scene treated Ulrick for a gunshot wound to the hand.
She was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for additional treatment.
More like this story
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge