Wednesday, March 5, 2014
SPOKANE VALLEY A deputy shot an armed woman early this morning after a three-and-a-half hour stand-off at a motel.
According to a Spokane Police Department report, Bonnie Ulrick, 37, was shot in the hand by an officer on the Spokane County Sheriff's Office SWAT team.
The shooting occurred at about 5:30 a.m. at Motel 6, 1919 N. Hutchinson Ave.
A man, 32-year-old Eric Heil, who was also involved in the stand-off was taken into custody.
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response team is investigating the shooting.
According to the report, deputies located a stolen vehicle in the parking lot and learned Ulrick and Heil, who had outstanding felony warrants, were armed and in a motel room.
Deputies used a loudspeaker to call on the suspects to surrender, the report said. Instead, they barricaded themselves in the room.
The SWAT team's hostage negotiator contacted Ulrick and Heil via telephone at about 2 a.m.
After unsuccessful attempts to get them to surrender, a deputy shot Ulrick at about 5:30 a.m., the report said, noting she was armed with a pistol. Heil surrendered.
The name of the officer involved in the shooting has not yet been released.
Paramedics on-scene treated Ulrick for a gunshot wound to the hand.
She was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for additional treatment.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget