Wednesday, March 5, 2014
SPOKANE VALLEY A deputy shot an armed woman early this morning after a three-and-a-half hour stand-off at a motel.
According to a Spokane Police Department report, Bonnie Ulrick, 37, was shot in the hand by an officer on the Spokane County Sheriff's Office SWAT team.
The shooting occurred at about 5:30 a.m. at Motel 6, 1919 N. Hutchinson Ave.
A man, 32-year-old Eric Heil, who was also involved in the stand-off was taken into custody.
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response team is investigating the shooting.
According to the report, deputies located a stolen vehicle in the parking lot and learned Ulrick and Heil, who had outstanding felony warrants, were armed and in a motel room.
Deputies used a loudspeaker to call on the suspects to surrender, the report said. Instead, they barricaded themselves in the room.
The SWAT team's hostage negotiator contacted Ulrick and Heil via telephone at about 2 a.m.
After unsuccessful attempts to get them to surrender, a deputy shot Ulrick at about 5:30 a.m., the report said, noting she was armed with a pistol. Heil surrendered.
The name of the officer involved in the shooting has not yet been released.
Paramedics on-scene treated Ulrick for a gunshot wound to the hand.
She was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for additional treatment.
More like this story
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge