Wednesday, March 5, 2014
SPOKANE VALLEY A deputy shot an armed woman early this morning after a three-and-a-half hour stand-off at a motel.
According to a Spokane Police Department report, Bonnie Ulrick, 37, was shot in the hand by an officer on the Spokane County Sheriff's Office SWAT team.
The shooting occurred at about 5:30 a.m. at Motel 6, 1919 N. Hutchinson Ave.
A man, 32-year-old Eric Heil, who was also involved in the stand-off was taken into custody.
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response team is investigating the shooting.
According to the report, deputies located a stolen vehicle in the parking lot and learned Ulrick and Heil, who had outstanding felony warrants, were armed and in a motel room.
Deputies used a loudspeaker to call on the suspects to surrender, the report said. Instead, they barricaded themselves in the room.
The SWAT team's hostage negotiator contacted Ulrick and Heil via telephone at about 2 a.m.
After unsuccessful attempts to get them to surrender, a deputy shot Ulrick at about 5:30 a.m., the report said, noting she was armed with a pistol. Heil surrendered.
The name of the officer involved in the shooting has not yet been released.
Paramedics on-scene treated Ulrick for a gunshot wound to the hand.
She was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for additional treatment.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge