Wednesday, March 5, 2014
NESPELEM Richard Tonasket will be sworn in as the newest Colville Business Council member at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at tribal headquarters in the courts building off Columbia River Road.
He was chosen last Saturday to fill the Omak District position vacated by the resignation of Earnest “Sneena” Brooks III.
Tonasket, 53, is the son of former council chairman Mel Tonasket and Nancy Tonasket.
He has worked as a purchasing agent for tribal mills and currently works as a fisheries technician for the tribe’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
He and his wife, Joan, have been married for 25 years.
Brooks left the council after being arrested Feb. 14 on the Coeur d’Alene Reservation on suspicion of rape.
Tonasket’s term will end in 2015.
More like this story
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman