Wednesday, March 5, 2014
NESPELEM Richard Tonasket will be sworn in as the newest Colville Business Council member at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at tribal headquarters in the courts building off Columbia River Road.
He was chosen last Saturday to fill the Omak District position vacated by the resignation of Earnest “Sneena” Brooks III.
Tonasket, 53, is the son of former council chairman Mel Tonasket and Nancy Tonasket.
He has worked as a purchasing agent for tribal mills and currently works as a fisheries technician for the tribe’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
He and his wife, Joan, have been married for 25 years.
Brooks left the council after being arrested Feb. 14 on the Coeur d’Alene Reservation on suspicion of rape.
Tonasket’s term will end in 2015.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge