Wednesday, March 5, 2014
NESPELEM Richard Tonasket will be sworn in as the newest Colville Business Council member at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at tribal headquarters in the courts building off Columbia River Road.
He was chosen last Saturday to fill the Omak District position vacated by the resignation of Earnest “Sneena” Brooks III.
Tonasket, 53, is the son of former council chairman Mel Tonasket and Nancy Tonasket.
He has worked as a purchasing agent for tribal mills and currently works as a fisheries technician for the tribe’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
He and his wife, Joan, have been married for 25 years.
Brooks left the council after being arrested Feb. 14 on the Coeur d’Alene Reservation on suspicion of rape.
Tonasket’s term will end in 2015.
More like this story
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge