Wednesday, March 5, 2014
NESPELEM Richard Tonasket will be sworn in as the newest Colville Business Council member at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at tribal headquarters in the courts building off Columbia River Road.
He was chosen last Saturday to fill the Omak District position vacated by the resignation of Earnest “Sneena” Brooks III.
Tonasket, 53, is the son of former council chairman Mel Tonasket and Nancy Tonasket.
He has worked as a purchasing agent for tribal mills and currently works as a fisheries technician for the tribe’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
He and his wife, Joan, have been married for 25 years.
Brooks left the council after being arrested Feb. 14 on the Coeur d’Alene Reservation on suspicion of rape.
Tonasket’s term will end in 2015.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Omak boys win summer hoop league
- Indian Taco Feed Fundraiser planned for Thursday, June 29
- Henrie takes first at Osoyoos, B.C. drag races