Wednesday, March 5, 2014
NESPELEM Richard Tonasket will be sworn in as the newest Colville Business Council member at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at tribal headquarters in the courts building off Columbia River Road.
He was chosen last Saturday to fill the Omak District position vacated by the resignation of Earnest “Sneena” Brooks III.
Tonasket, 53, is the son of former council chairman Mel Tonasket and Nancy Tonasket.
He has worked as a purchasing agent for tribal mills and currently works as a fisheries technician for the tribe’s Department of Fish and Wildlife.
He and his wife, Joan, have been married for 25 years.
Brooks left the council after being arrested Feb. 14 on the Coeur d’Alene Reservation on suspicion of rape.
Tonasket’s term will end in 2015.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge