Wednesday, March 5, 2014
OLYMPIA Keeley Bosman, a student at The River Academy in Wenatchee, served as a legislative page for the state House of Representatives during the sixth week of session.
She was sponsored by 12th Legislative District Rep. Cary Condotta of East Weantchee. The district also covers a portion of Okanogan County.
“It was great to have Keeley help us out during session,” Condotta said. “I hope she enjoyed her time here and will be able to return to her school and tell other students about what she learned in Olympia.”
During her service, Keeley experienced the Legislature first-hand and delivered messages and documents to legislators during committee meetings, to their offices and in the House chamber. She also attended page school, where a certified instructor teaches students about the legislative process.
As a page, Keeley also took part in mock committee and floor debates. She sponsored a bill that would require teachers to be certified in first aid.
Each year students from around the state apply to become a page. While the available positions for the current sessions are now full, interested students should apply in the fall to be considered for the 2015 legislative session.
Applicants must have a legislative sponsor and be between the ages of 14 and 16. Additionally, pages are required to obtain written permission from their parents and school. Pages are paid $35 a day during their service.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge