Wednesday, March 5, 2014
OLYMPIA Dr. Kathy Lofy has been named as the new state health officer.
Her appointment took affect immediately, state Department of Health Secretary John Wiesman said Wednesday.
“This is an important position for the Department of Health and the people of Washington,” Wiesman said. “The state health officer is the primary medical consultant on public health issues ... It’s a big job.
"I’m confident Kathy will do it well.”
Lofy was appointed interim state health officer Jan. 1. Before that, she oversaw flu monitoring and served as a medical consultant to the Offices of Communicable Disease Epidemiology and Infectious Disease.
She started her public health career in 2002 as the agency’s Epidemic Intelligence Service officer and the state foodborne disease epidemiologist.
“I’m honored and excited for this new challenge,” Lofy said. “I look forward to helping the people of Washington be as healthy as they can be.”
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.