Wednesday, March 5, 2014
OLYMPIA Dr. Kathy Lofy has been named as the new state health officer.
Her appointment took affect immediately, state Department of Health Secretary John Wiesman said Wednesday.
“This is an important position for the Department of Health and the people of Washington,” Wiesman said. “The state health officer is the primary medical consultant on public health issues ... It’s a big job.
"I’m confident Kathy will do it well.”
Lofy was appointed interim state health officer Jan. 1. Before that, she oversaw flu monitoring and served as a medical consultant to the Offices of Communicable Disease Epidemiology and Infectious Disease.
She started her public health career in 2002 as the agency’s Epidemic Intelligence Service officer and the state foodborne disease epidemiologist.
“I’m honored and excited for this new challenge,” Lofy said. “I look forward to helping the people of Washington be as healthy as they can be.”
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY