Wednesday, March 5, 2014
OLYMPIA State Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler will not allow health insurance plans canceled due to "Obamacare" rules to be reinstated in Washington.
Kreidler's announcement comes a day after President Obama moved to allow canceled plans back into the system for two additional years.
Last fall, similarly, Kreidler rejected Obama's move to allow those plans for one year.
“The decision I made in November was done in the best interest of the health insurance market,” Kreidler said. “Advocates and health insurers continue to support my decision.”
Kreidler suggested those who lost insurance review 46 plans for sale in Washington Healthplanfinder, all of which meet Affordable Care Act — known commonly as Obamacare — requirements.
Open enrollment for all individual health plans ends March 31.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge