Tuesday, March 4, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. An Osoyoos Indian Band member pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter after stabbing his younger brother to death.
Kyle Louie, 23, pleaded guilty to the charge on what was originally scheduled to be Day 1 of a three-week second-degree murder trial.
The court is expected to sentence Louie in May.
According to court documents, Louie stabbed his 20-year-old brother Reece Louie on Feb. 19, 2011, at a home on Black Sage Road, south of town.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police responding to a reported altercation there found Reece Louis on the ground outside the home, records show. He was taken by ambulance first to South Okanagan General Hospital, then transferred to Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna.
The younger brother died later that night in the hospital.
The brothers are the nephews of tribal chief Clarence Louie.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE