Tuesday, March 4, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. An Osoyoos Indian Band member pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter after stabbing his younger brother to death.
Kyle Louie, 23, pleaded guilty to the charge on what was originally scheduled to be Day 1 of a three-week second-degree murder trial.
The court is expected to sentence Louie in May.
According to court documents, Louie stabbed his 20-year-old brother Reece Louie on Feb. 19, 2011, at a home on Black Sage Road, south of town.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police responding to a reported altercation there found Reece Louis on the ground outside the home, records show. He was taken by ambulance first to South Okanagan General Hospital, then transferred to Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna.
The younger brother died later that night in the hospital.
The brothers are the nephews of tribal chief Clarence Louie.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge