Tuesday, March 4, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. An Osoyoos Indian Band member pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter after stabbing his younger brother to death.
Kyle Louie, 23, pleaded guilty to the charge on what was originally scheduled to be Day 1 of a three-week second-degree murder trial.
The court is expected to sentence Louie in May.
According to court documents, Louie stabbed his 20-year-old brother Reece Louie on Feb. 19, 2011, at a home on Black Sage Road, south of town.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police responding to a reported altercation there found Reece Louis on the ground outside the home, records show. He was taken by ambulance first to South Okanagan General Hospital, then transferred to Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna.
The younger brother died later that night in the hospital.
The brothers are the nephews of tribal chief Clarence Louie.
More like this story
- Manta Rays sting Bearcudas swimmers
- Area tennis players tough at USTA
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Coaches bleed school colors
- Wenatchee bass team finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third