Tuesday, March 4, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. An Osoyoos Indian Band member pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter after stabbing his younger brother to death.
Kyle Louie, 23, pleaded guilty to the charge on what was originally scheduled to be Day 1 of a three-week second-degree murder trial.
The court is expected to sentence Louie in May.
According to court documents, Louie stabbed his 20-year-old brother Reece Louie on Feb. 19, 2011, at a home on Black Sage Road, south of town.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police responding to a reported altercation there found Reece Louis on the ground outside the home, records show. He was taken by ambulance first to South Okanagan General Hospital, then transferred to Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna.
The younger brother died later that night in the hospital.
The brothers are the nephews of tribal chief Clarence Louie.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District