Tuesday, March 4, 2014
OLIVER, B.C. An Osoyoos Indian Band member pleaded guilty Monday to manslaughter after stabbing his younger brother to death.
Kyle Louie, 23, pleaded guilty to the charge on what was originally scheduled to be Day 1 of a three-week second-degree murder trial.
The court is expected to sentence Louie in May.
According to court documents, Louie stabbed his 20-year-old brother Reece Louie on Feb. 19, 2011, at a home on Black Sage Road, south of town.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police responding to a reported altercation there found Reece Louis on the ground outside the home, records show. He was taken by ambulance first to South Okanagan General Hospital, then transferred to Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna.
The younger brother died later that night in the hospital.
The brothers are the nephews of tribal chief Clarence Louie.
More like this story
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- 820 (2017-113 May 10, 17, 24, 31, June 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-124 May 17) Town of Conconully
- 820 (2017-126 May 24, 31, June 7, 14) In the Superior Court of the State of Washington for Okanogan